Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

Keeper of Jericho said:

So, I updated the first post again to include all completed maps I've received so far. We're down to 23 complete in total! Not counting my own Nabataea map, we need eight more maps to meet the total of 32.

MAP17 progress report:
Layout: 90-95% or so
Mapping: 95%
Item/thing/monster placement: 15%
Playability: 100% (means one is now able to make a run on the level and finish it as well).

Another small update:

I contacted my friend TheMetal4All to ask if he was interested in making another custom music track for my map, which he agreed to do.

If any other guys would like the map to feature custom MIDI tracks, let me know and I'll ask him! He's an enthusiastic musician with lots of MIDI experience.

Shadow Hog said:

Already sequenced one for mine (present in the current DL), sorry.

That's alright, its just an offer for those who don't compose their own music. :)

Also, my map progress is: 4 rooms done! I'm putting in the map logic now, and create the last room.

Updated the flat IOS pedestal (monster ambush also, of course) in the starting area, giving it a look-a-like ala "The Marbelous Three", CC2 MAP19. Because plain square is too mainstream.

I'll make one up for youse.

Itll be a quick and simple one. Episode one for sure.

Hurricyclone said:

Hey,

Any empty slots available? I was thinking of making something with some slaughter flair to it.

It's a first come, first served basis, so if you turn in a map before the magical number of 32 is reached, you're in. =)

Here's what I have so far:

Name: Courtyards of Bodycount
Episode?: Probably E2, seeing as how it's not really hellish, but since it's slaughter-type it can be at MAP20 or something.

Here's pics of the first two rooms. (so far)

EDIT: Third room.

Will have more detailing, but stuff is being set up

Hear hear! (also this is my 420th post :))

Courtyards of Bodycount: first version

Slaughter-ish plain map inspired by Serious Sam levels like Courtyards of Gilgamesh and Grand Cathedral. Music is "The Depths" by SlayeR (from Hellcore).

I might rework some more things as of current, such as several of the doors (was thinking of having them close once you enter each of the other three courtyards, then open once everything was taken care of, e.g.) I also didn't really playtest the map fully, so hopefully someone will come along and do so.

Aaaaand, update!

Courtyards of Bodycount: Second version

Changes:

-Sky changed to E3 sky.
-Added more encounters to make the end area a little harder (cyber, PE's, mancs, and imps in specific)
-Changed both the red and blue key doors so that they are 30-second doors on the outer side, forcing the player to fight hordes. In the case of the BK door, they can still exit though.

Other stuff to note:

-There is a BFG on HMP and HNTR but not UV.
-The color doors are marked with red and blue torches, just so ya know.

Four rooms down.

In case you havent figured it out, this will be another Hangar remake. Except it will be even more accessible to DM.

Yippee!

Sorry for the double post but I've got a map for you!

http://www.speedyshare.com/Wp7K6/TMD-h14-1.wad

Name: Hangar 14
Build time: 15 hours, over several days.
Music: E1M1 (for now) Will get a remix for final version.

Things that will need fixing:

-I THINK this is following all the rules for five rooms, if not: can fix.
-Second half of map needs difficulty implementation.
-Gotta voodoo script out multiplayer capabilities.

I am fiddling around with an episode three map. No clue if it will ever get submitted.

Working title is: Everything Burns

Shadow Hog said:

I'm a little confused. If we only have 26 maps, aren't we six maps short, not five?

Selfish as it is of me, I include my own map in the final set of 32, but it's not finished yet. So we have 26 finished maps, but we only need five more maps to be made, as the final one will be my own.

Hey there! I saw this map project and it looked like something that would be great for the Christmas break so I wanted to know if I could get in on this. The OP says that there's a vacant slot for Episode 2; could I have it? :P

Here's the current level I'm working on, titled Fortress of Magic

Lot's of Doom 1 monsters and all you get is a boomstick! I hope you're good at plinking at cacos!

Outline of the rooms:

Room 5 is in a very rough state at the moment; I'm probably going to throw the design out and do something that matches the rest of the level.

The platform on the east side of the room uses a fake floor-over-floor effect. It looks pretty nifty, though there are some HOM effects when you view the platform from certain angles in BOOM.EXE . The topside of the platform uses massive amounts of sky paradoxes to block the line of sight of monsters outside and inside the platform. It's all very neat when you see it in action, but it has a tendency to bring Boom to its knees!

Room 1 is the inner courtyard of the fortress.

Room 2 is the walkway at the top of the fort. The line of sight cuts to an extent that I think it counts as its own room.

Room 3 is utterly gigantic and consists of one big outdoor area. The line of sight is pretty constant throughout the area with the exception of the corners of the room, so I'm not too sure what to do about that.
Here's a screenshot of the first teleporter maze. The player gets to the blue key by using the blue teleporters, the red ones send you back to the beginning. :P

Annnnnnndddddd here's the aforementioned area where I cheated. Invisible wall tile maze, go!

The second teleporter puzzle in Room 4. Don't step on the sky or you get telefragged!

And before you mention it, yes, there is a HOM effect at the top of the screen, thanks for noticing. I'll see what I can do to cover that up, but I don't think know how to get the visplanes to bleed in such a way that the HOM effect is hidden.

By the way, what maps have currently been taken? I know there's a list of how many available slots there are, but is there a definitive list of what maps are open?

And lastly, nice to meet you all! The map should be done in the next few days, hopefully!

And now, ladies and gentlemen...

I am more than happy to introduce you the now finished version of the map originally supposed to go to the slot 17: Blackfire!

[EDIT] Updated the map at 9:54, because found out that forgot to set up one of the ambushes. [/EDIT]
[EDIT2] Since there was some f*ckaround concerning the "ROCK3" texture, I replaced them all with "ROCK3 1", which doesn't look different at all and is considered right(?) in the BOOM runtime, opposed to the former. [/EDIT2]

Am I doing something wrong, here? I've played several of these maps -- including yours, Cell -- and I'm getting HOM effects all over the place. For Map17, I'm getting HOMs whenever ROCK3 is used (which pretty much constitutes half the map.)

I'm using the texture pack that was provided in the OP, problems persisting despite what port I use (GL-PrBoom-Plus gives me HOM effects, and many of these maps straight up crash in BOOM.EXE.)

Also, i r r e g a r d l s s is a swear word now?

BlueFeena said:

Am I doing something wrong, here? I've played several of these maps -- including yours, Cell -- and I'm getting HOM effects all over the place. For Map17, I'm getting HOMs whenever ROCK3 is used (which pretty much constitutes half the map.)

I'm using the texture pack that was provided in the OP, problems persisting despite what port I use (GL-PrBoom-Plus gives me HOM effects, and many of these maps straight up crash in BOOM.EXE.)

Also, i r r e g a r d l s s is a swear word now?

Seriously, IDK. For me, everything runs fine.