Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomgargoyle

Vavoom down?

Vavoom had been seemingly dead for a while. Last time I checked up on its forum/wiki activity, spambots were the only active residents. I haven't seen Janis Legzdins post anywhere in a long while -- which may be while the domain expired, if he lost interest and stopped renewing it. Last commit on the Vavoom SVN was in 2011, and by Firebrand -- Janis's last commit was much older.

doomgargoyle said:

But all the information on the boards, and the code/binaries they cannot be lost like that.

Why not? If nobody pays for the space and nobody cares about preserving it, it'll disappear eventually. You may have some chance to find it on some archiving site though.

The source is not a problem. The SVN repository is still alive because it's hosted elsewhere.

Its a real shame that all that hard work that's been put into Vavoom just die like that. So much more potential left....

*sighs*

I, too, noticed this some months ago. I should point out that the software renderer was removed in 1.33, and that 1.33 had zero bugfixes after its release; the best way to go is to grab version 1.32.

I was just about to mention that, someone must have found some money to throw at their webhost. Looks like the wiki's main page has been hijacked 5 times since last April, though that's nothing an admin can't revert, might take some time to cleanse the rest of the wiki. Fortunately, the wiki's Tutorials and Projects sections can be directly accessed from the main site.