Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
William Blazkowicz

What is your favorite Doom Game?

What is your guys' favorite Doom Game? This includes ANY Doom game and an ports of it. So, it could include (The Ultimate) Doom, Final Doom, Doom II, Doom 3, ect. But this does NOT include 'compilation' games. Such as BFG Edition or the Collector's Edition.

Doom 2. And NO, not just because of the SSG. I like the new monsters, the new music, and the map design (with a couple of exceptions, yes, but still). After that would be Ultimate Doom.

Doom 2, for various reasons. All the above mentioned, but the most important for me are - old childhood memories. Doom 2 was the first Doom game I had and in which I have spent a lot of time.

All of them as Xaser said.'

But otherwise Doom 64 then PSX Doom then Ultimate Doom then TNT Evilution then Plutonia then Doom 2.

PSX Doom, coming off the back of the 32x port. "Holy shit, those zombies are attacking each other!! ACE!!!"

Yeah, I know now ...

Doom 2.
Because of all the new things that Ultimate doom doesn't have, this includes: SSG, more items and powerups, more monsters and simplier map selection.

It's hard for me to pin down my "favorite Doom", I like them all! My first experience with Doom was all the way back in 93 when it first came out, and I've been Dooming ever since. But I would have to say I prefer the console versions of Doom. I especially like Doom 64. I also really dig Doom 3.

No one has mentioned Doom 64, I honestly believe it's much better than PSX Doom, not the same old maps and felt like a sequel, also the coloured lighting was more varied with the gradient and didn't flood the sprites in colour, and featured a new weapon and enemy.

Both Plutonia and Doom 64 have amazing atmosphere to me. Those ones are my favourites.

PSX all the way. I will never forget the day i entered Club Doom.

Six said:

PSX all the way. I will never forget the day i entered Club Doom.

Yes, I remember it like it was a decade and a bit ago. I spent a lot of time on that port and have yet to see another Doom game come anywhere near to it (except D64 but I have not experienced that from a console perspective). The music, the atmosphere, the amount of times I have nearly shat myself due to a nightmare spectre coming out of nowhere is astonishing. However, I didn't find the port of Final Doom as good though if I am honest. So yes, PSX Doom would be my all time favourite.

Either Doom 2 or Doom 3. It's a tough pick.

Doom (not ultimate) as a game player.
Doom2 as a mod maker.

IMO Doom has better levels, better balance; better music, better structure and is more fun. Doom2 has more resources.

Can't really pick. Maybe Doom 2 a little below the others, but I like Doom 1, Doom 64 and Doom 3 very much and can't pick one. Well, actually, if you disregard the whole mapping aspect, D3 might be my favorite game by itself, but Doom 1 invokes a shitton of nostalgia, and 64 is just frikkin' cool for what it is.

I like all of them, each for slightly different reasons. DOOM II gets a huge credit due to mapping / modding but as a game it's by far my least favourite because I hate its maps. I enjoyed DOOM 64 first time I played it and still like it... but I've tried replaying it multiple times and just can't quite play it for too long. I don't really count Final DOOM as an 'official' DOOM game. So:

DOOM = DOOM 3 > DOOM II > DOOM 64

Enjay said:

Doom (not ultimate) as a game player.
Doom2 as a mod maker.

IMO Doom has better levels, better balance; better music, better structure and is more fun. Doom2 has more resources.