Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kotzugi

Your most x demo(s) of 2013

Perhaps slightly late for posting another thread like this, but whatever. A variation on the the "Notable 2013 Demos" thread.

For those of you who made speed runs this year, what are your x most runs? For example (I only made a handful, so nothing special here, I'm more interested in your examples) my:

- hardest / most frustrating demo: Rebirth Map 9 UV-Fast
- smoothest run: I think either Rebirth Map 11 UV-Fast (except for getting shot by the same mancubus four times) or Jenesis Map 18 UV-Max (except for getting archviled about three times at the end)
- luckiest run: Rebirth Map 1 UV-Fast
- most fun: Survive in Hell Map 24 UV-Fast (because BFG)

etc.

Don't be shy. :)

Two lucky ones I had: icarus map20 uv max (6:02), mm2 map01 uv max+reality. Unfortunately, the second one sucks :(

In 2013 I was lazy at demo recording (mostly due to being distracted by some other spheres), but still like a few of my past-year records:

M209S550 -- inspired by VDGG's words: "At least we know now that NM100 is impossible :-)".
doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=1178284#post1178284]C423S226 -- such a lovely megawad deserves more skill-5 attention.
doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1210420#post1210420]BS03-337 -- it was tempting to beat all three digits of Krypto's 4:58 UV Max record.
doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1210874#post1210874]BS03N213 -- BSelfish MAP03 is cool for Nightmare racing as well.

Easiest: Dark Resolution 2008 map02 uv-max - I played the map once, watched Anima's run and then beat it on the first try.
Hardest: Darkwave 32 uv-max - Very tricky level for me and even more tricky to max. Was so happy to just reach the exit.
Most fun: Hell Revealed 1943 uv-max - Cool BFG spam map with funny visuals\music.
Most daring: Hell Revealed 2 map03 uv-max - at first I didn't believe that I could beat Belial. :)
Most grindy: Community Chest 4 map01 uv-max - but j4rio topped me here later.
Most frustrating: Speed of Doom map11 uv-max - low hp, needed luck in many many parts to survive.
Most archaeological: Hellcore map15 uv-max - very obscure wad among speedrunners for various reasons, I even had to edit the map to make it playable in prboom+.

no idea, but I like both my p207f-420 and the av32 max
but I kinda forgot already what else I've recorded this year. might be better stuff I hope xd

Most of my demos are fairly short speed/pacifist demos, and I have a hard time determining the ones that really stood out for me, but here's a few I can think of:

hardest nomo: Map 32 of Alien Vendetta was very hard at the time to get 27 on. A lot of my Kama Sutra demos were recorded this year, and they're my favorite nomo demos, but I'm still waiting to release them.

most fun TAS: No Chance UV-Max - nice to get under 10 minutes max here.

most frustrating: Possibly Khorus Map 05 UV-Speed because it's so long.

4shockblast said:

most fun TAS: No Chance UV-Max - nice to get under 10 minutes max here.

this is hands down the most impressive uv-max TAS i've ever seen for a long time
when I saw the exit time I first thought there'd be a mistake.