Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What about making demos of getting the highest kills count without ever attacking at all.

Example: Seeing how fast you can get all the kills you can in map 01 without firing or punching.

Just an idea.

The operatives being time taking and kill % obviously, oh yeah and staying alive.

I did e1m1 in 1:17 getting 48%, I'm sure you guys can do better.

The only problem I see with this is that it highly depends on the monster types you have in that map. If you have a bunch of Barons but only a few imps you'll end up with a bunch of Barons and maybe 10% kills. Might as well just try a pacifist run or such?

Kotzugi said:

The only problem I see with this is that it highly depends on the monster types you have in that map. If you have a bunch of Barons but only a few imps you'll end up with a bunch of Barons and maybe 10% kills. Might as well just try a pacifist run or such?

I'll have to agree with this point. I just don't see the point in this new idea when you can just record a pacifist.

Of course it doesn't stop you from making/playing maps designed for maximizing infighting and putting the demos online. :) Prime example for me being Okuplok's Sunder runs (although they're not pacifist).

i always thought about the fancy demo category:
"get slained the fastest"
you can be killed absurdly fast in many levels lol

That other thread about the armor/health bonuses reminded me about the fact that I simply just have to pick up every single one of those damn things. It just feels wrong to let a few lie around. So how about a 100% items category? (I suppose it would also entail 100% secrets.)

blob1024 said:

Heh. I find the idea interesting. What if you used a dehacked file so a player death triggers the exit, so you could run megawads that way? That could be pretty cool to watch.

Phml said:

Heh. I find the idea interesting. What if you used a dehacked file so a player death triggers the exit, so you could run megawads that way? That could be pretty cool to watch.

Actually, yes, haha

blob1024 said:

Playing squane on NM took several tries just to move without getting immediately killed at the start by the cyber behind you. :)

Phml said:

That'd turn into RNG grind, manipulating the closest monsters into -fast behaviour and max damage. The results would probably resemble ksutra UV Speeds.

Optionally, we could add a category in which we try to exit as slowly as possible.

j4rio said:

Optionally, we could add a category in which we try to exit as slowly as possible.

only to be posted in a new forum section:
"Doom Slow Demos"
:p

j4rio said:

Well, there was one demo I found crawling through the forums, in which the player takes 5 hours and 11 minutes to max E2M4 and get 100% items. I don't remember where I found it, though.

Memfis said:

I guess you found it on Doomwiki. There was some crazy guy that was recording 2 hour long "walkthrough" (WTF?) demos for doom.wad.
edit: previous discussion about this

Yeah, that's the same demo, but I think I found it somewhere in a thread about longest demos. I can't see why that demo would be Doomwiki-worthy though, because I don't see how anyone can sit through it.

Edit: Yes, that's definitely the discussion I found it in.

It sounds like an interesting Idea but trying to make every monster in fight will take a long time and plus when theirs only one monster left then it would be impossible to finish the map without breaking the rules.