Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Is risen3d the only port to show map name and author info?

I've never seen this on any other port. Also, how does it work? I can't find anything in the Memento Mori wad, but somehow risen3d just "knows" what the info is... built in for certain high-profile wads?

invictius said:

I've never seen this on any other port. Also, how does it work? I can't find anything in the Memento Mori wad, but somehow risen3d just "knows" what the info is... built in for certain high-profile wads?

Probably, like some ports "knowing" about Nuts.wad's altered colormap.

SMMU had a system where you could put info (and FraggleScript) in the map header; among that information was the map name and creator, so that it would be displayed when entering the map. This has been inherited by Eternity (though it ditched FraggleScript, but still has IIRC a creator field in its MAPINFO) and by Legacy (by way of FraggleScript). EE has a "creator" console command to display that info; it doesn't show it automatically; I don't know about Legacy and its derivative Remood.

In Risen3D's case, it's probably a bonus feature of the port rather than anything from the wad itself.

Gez said:

In Risen3D's case, it's probably a bonus feature of the port rather than anything from the wad itself.

Indeed, it's a Doomsday feature that Risen3D inherited, due to the port being based off an ancient version of Doomsday.

My eventual plan for SMMU was that the creator and level name would be shown on level start: the inspiration came from unreal, which (as I recall) did that.

fraggle said:

My eventual plan for SMMU was that the creator and level name would be shown on level start: the inspiration came from unreal, which (as I recall) did that.

Yes, you filled out the fields in Worldinfo in the editor and this would be shown on startup. This is a good way to get your name known if you were an Unreal mapper. Something like this for Zdoom would be very good too.