Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Switcheroom 2 - Alpha 2

C30N9 said:

"'O of Life!" might be better. Also you forgot one " ' " before the name.

Didn't you right now forget the " ' " after the O?

OP updated with all new requests, except the pit condo which 1) is too long for a vanilla automap and 2) even though English isn't my native language, it sounds bad to me, uncreative too.

EDIT: Crushed Dreams is maybe too long too. It doesn't matter for now, if the maps aren't even finished yet. We will sort it somehow in the end anyway.

I'll just chime in my two cents that I think coming up with "original" names is a better idea than combinations. We're not doing map mashups, here. Same layouts, different themes.

Original, non-original or a mix, I believe the thing which really matters is whether it's creative, inspirative, appropriate and sounding good. In theory, of course, and in my personal opinion which anyone can disregard, because it's totally up to anyone how they name their maps. Besides, it may be a good idea to give the map a name after it's done, to actually reflect its true nature. Specially if you don't have a vision of the map before. Make a map, and decide the name based on its actual execution, I say. ;) I only created the column for map names because the already submitted maps had names, and I already knew the name for my forthcoming map. No need to give your maps names right now, I'll only need them in the end. But it's useful to have them written in one place, I think.

Can I claim two? Map 30 layout in Map 01 slot seems doable. That is to say, I had an idea how. :)

Ah lets go for this. Let's put map 09 into the map18 slot.
Name - infected well.
lets see if I can magic up something half decent

It's nice to see so many contributors so quickly. Also, a big thanks to scifista42 for taking care of the organization aspect and laying out the ground rules. I'll be contributing more in the play-testing and bug-fixing areas, and helping out as needed.

I know I've already done two (and they still need work), but I'd like to grab another slot. Map23 is big and blocky, so it might just make a good Wolfenstein map to fill out the map31 slot. I'm not sure of a name yet, but I was thinking Barrelstein, Barrels of Stein, or Wolfunstein (Wolfensplode, perhaps? :v).

While I'm here, my mash-up names were just silly working titles, so I think map10 could be named simply "Starport", and map22 could be "Dark Descent". I'm not very good at naming maps, so I'll keep it simple and to the point.

I like "Barrels of Stein", fitting laughable name for a secret map. On the other hand, couldn't you come up with something more unique than "Starport"? At least something like "Starport World", so people can immediately connect the map with MAP28's layout.

OK, zinkai.

Now we have an overabundance of unclaimed City map layouts, and unclaimed Base target slots. For all future participants, please pick these slots between each other as a matter of priority, or we might end up with a paradox when only City or only Base mapslots will remain, which we don't want. Thank you.

It is quite hard to find a correct name for "Nirvana-->Gantlet".

Portmanteau it?

Nirvantlet or Gantvana (or variations thereof)?

I'm thinking 'Iconway' for MAP01 and 'Courtyard of Sin' for MAP30 -- shall see after making them how well they fit and if other names are needed. Will crack on with one of them tomorrow. :)

I like "Nirvantlet", but it sounds a bit juvenile in the terms of a serious project.

Cell said:

I like "Nirvantlet", but it sounds a bit juvenile in the terms of a serious project.

Floating Gantlet?

Or how about we do not change maps' names? In my opinion I see this is very fitting for the project. We are just changing the layout of the maps, not the themes.

Switcheroom 1 had nonsense names. My map's name for example, "Containment of Despair" sounded to me out of place, and it's just a combination to refer to both maps.

C30N9 said:

"Containment of Despair"

You kidding me?

My bad, that just looks ridiculous.
Besides, I've gotten further in "Nirvantlet", designed 3 rooms so far, and I'm trying not to use the MAP03 style exclusively, still making some of the rooms utterly reflecting on it.

I'm so disappointed that I've only just seen this thread and the maps I wanted have already been claimed. :( Map 04 in mapslot 21 would have been my choice simply because of the map name:

Spoiler

Focus

---
EDIT: I apologize, I misread the "would have been" in the post above as if you were actually claiming it.
---

I'm sorry, but you need to pick an available slot. MAP21 isn't.

Also let me repeat what I said about claiming slots a few posts above.

Now we have an overabundance of unclaimed City map layouts, and unclaimed Base target slots. For all future participants, please pick these slots between each other as a matter of priority, or we might end up with a paradox when only City or only Base mapslots will remain, which we don't want. Thank you.

So I'd better like to see those slots to be claimed first, fortunately it's still not a critical problem, as quite a few slots still remain.

Hey there guys hope you don't mind me joining in. :)

Seeing as there's only one last hell layout left, I'd like to claim MAP24(Layout) and put it in the MAP16(Target) slot, cause I already have the idea how the map will look like. As for the name i dunno maybe Suburban Chasm or Erosion, will think of a better name later.