Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

A question about a certain Mr. Lade

Oh, that explains bdl816. I replied once, via Doomworld PM, but then got an email asking me to copy/paste my reply since his account had been deleted. He seemed nice enough, so I felt bad for letting that simple request slip.

He just wanted to know "briefly" my thoughts on certain megawads - if they're "good" or what. I just assumed he was looking for stuff to play, so I gave him some links to a bunch of fun megawads on /idgames.

From that interaction, he seemed very polite. Although maybe prolonged interaction would've enured me to this as well.

BaronOfStuff said:

I got a PM from 'The Boulder' asking for opinion on some WADs, but I didn't think of replying.

Ditto. I ignored it, but the motherfucker took it to email - and kept sending the same one when I ignored. Just told him I haven't played his precious fucking Unholy Realms and it stopped.

schwerpunk said:

Oh, that explains bdl816. I replied once, via Doomworld PM, but then got an email asking me to copy/paste my reply since his account had been deleted. He seemed nice enough, so I felt bad for letting that simple request slip.

He just wanted to know "briefly" my thoughts on certain megawads - if they're "good" or what. I just assumed he was looking for stuff to play, so I gave him some links to a bunch of fun megawads on /idgames.

From that interaction, he seemed very polite. Although maybe prolonged interaction would've enured me to this as well.

Yeah, I agree. He is very polite, no doubt about that. It's the constant spamming and ice cold, calculated motivation behind that gets really scary and annoying.

zap610 said:

So modest.

Are Anchorman jokes not "in" anymore, or am I just believably that arrogant?

I, too, have a question about Mr. Lade. How would you rate him? I think I'd give him 3.5/5 stars, but maybe that isn't entirely fair, what do you think?

Gez said:

I, too, have a question about Mr. Lade. How would you rate him? I think I'd give him 3.5/5 stars, but maybe that isn't entirely fair, what do you think?

Haha! But hey you forgot the PS question: What is the best Brandon D. Lade of 2013 or please mention any Brandon D. Lade you find particularly to your liking.

If the DW management had some sense they'd be somewhat scared of this Lade character. I mean, it's obvious this guy's collecting info on who likes what, and how they feel about awards and nominations. My theory, personally, is that this guy is eventually going to march right into the Doomworld HQ, cops at his side, and slam down a bulging folder of names and opinions right onto Bloodshedder's desk. He can bring to light, single-handedly, all of the corruption and fraud within the Doomworld community, as well as the falsified Cacowards.

Maybe you're right, but it's equally as possible that he scribbles the stats on napkins with lemon ink and stores the sheets in pickle jars.

The last time he PM'd me was in his MegaDoomer times, asking me about my opinion on Reverie. Which I've already elaborated on in its project thread.

I only gave a vague reply to his email to me "They're all good" and will ignore further responses since I clearly told him via Youtube PM to stop asking me this.

Phobus said:

Are Anchorman jokes not "in" anymore, or am I just believably that arrogant?

aaaaaaaa

~JOKE

MY HEAD

My bad.

Christ, this guy sounds like some sort of market researcher with his questions.

-What is your opinion on this WAD?
-What rating would you give it between 1-10
-Would you say your rating can be based on thoroughly playing through the WAD?
-Would you say your rating can be based on speedrunning the WAD?
-Would you say your rating casually playing through the WAD?
-How much time did you spend on each level?
-Would you consider the wad enjoyable throughout that spent time?
-etc

I made the mistake of responding to one of his emails, now he doesn't leave me alone. This is his most recent and is a typical Brandon email:

bdl816@aol.com
To Me
Feb 12 at 2:37 AM
What are your thoughts on these wads, if you don't mind sharing?:

1. BTSX Ep 1
2. Community Chest 4
3. Unholy Realms
4. DTWID and D2TWID
5. Any other episodic/megawad releases from the past year/two years or so that you recall really enjoying?

If you could let me know at least brief thoughts/recommendations, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Brandon

The most annoying thing is that I already gave him a response to these very wads the first time that I replied to him. I'll agree that he is polite, and I'd also agree that he is a beer short of a six pack.

durian said:

Christ. Has it ever been established why this information is so important to him?

Well isn't it obvious? He has no life and chooses to try and annoy people on the internet. I have already got messages from this guy, yes I responded to the first one months ago but then I received another today querying about the exact same wads. I am far, far from a big name of this community so the target obviously isn't big names on the forums, just anyone in general.

If I was a robot trying to emulate human behaviors and preferences I guess I would probably take this approach as well:

1.) Gather preferences on wads with certain attributes
2.) Learn a generative model describing popular opinions about these attributes
3.) Covertly integrate myself into society, voicing my statistically optimal opinions on each new wad that comes out.

but ya, add me to the counter of email recipients as well :)

You see what boils my broccoli is that it's not the first time he has done it. I also remember reading a post he wrote (long before I was registered) about that if a wad was less than 5 stars he would remove it from some list he had. I mean, why should you care if I rate something highly or not so highly? Is it difficult to download something and make an opinion yourself? Something I highly rate you may find shit so why should something that I highly rate due to my own personal taste concern him?

Exactly. Rationalising with the autistic is harder than getting a brick wall to speak.

edit:

glenzinho said to Brandon: I want to tell you something for your own benefit, that you shouldn't get so hung up on awards and ratings. They are all purely subjective, and while often a good indicator of quality (or lack thereof) they are still purely subjective and thus cannot be quantified by any concrete measurement that humanity has already devised.

I had sent this pm to LodiB88 (Brandon) just before that username got banned, so I wouldn't know if this got through to him or not, or if it would have registered with him. Most likely not.

Probably affected with some amnesia along some category of autism.

And yea, Mr. Lade PMd me. Looked, didn't bother it for that moment, forgot it, emailed....
Wait a minute, I never look my emails.

glenzinho said:

Exactly. Rationalising with the autistic is harder than getting a brick wall to speak.

But, if the "Mental Health" thread is anything to go by, about 60% of us are on the autism spectrum (mostly up in Asperger's territory) and none of us understand it either! Then again, he could just be way off the deep end of the spectrum... Or just way off the deep end in general. He's probably reading all this now and preparing emails to people who have confessed to ignoring his emails and PMs, which will be even more polite and more specific, so he can coax out a little opinion, then follow up with more questions.

Well, 60% of the people in that thread at least, hopefully not all of us! From experience each case of Aspergers have similarities but also their own quirky unique behaviours. I've met a couple who are just super friendly open people and just a pleasure to converse with. I know another who you would think is "normal" upon conversing with him initially, until the realisation sets in that he only cares about his interests and what he is saying. He doesn't really hear what you are replying unless it pertains to him. This the kind of behaviour Mr Lade exhibits.

I don't even use my doomworld email anymore. The only spam I get there is from Carn about his dumb game (apparently he grabbed everyone's email from the former ST site and uses it to advertise) and a "HookupTonight" email right below it. I am literally cracking up right now.

edit:

here http://i.imgur.com/TFrjlwI.png

Also I just read that thread I really agree he has severe autism. I mean I won't pretend to know how it works or whatever but this is beyond OCD.

I got a Youtube comment off this "kakhome1" person on an ongoing 1Monster.wad Let's Play video of mine recently that this thread is going on about...

Have you played these episodes/megawads, and if so what do you think of them?:

1. DTWID
2. D2TWID
3. Unholy Realms
4. BTSX Ep 1
5) Community Chest 4
6) Name any other episode or megawads from 2013 or 2014 you really enjoyed

And a response once I answered him:

D2TWID was released in November.

Unholy Realms has mostly shortish maps, with plenty of slaughter, especially later on.

When you say BTSX Ep 1 'popped your slaughter map cherry' on the ending, what do you mean by that? Sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to say there. Otherwise thanks much for the response! :)

Seemed like a polite person, but I'm now extremely curious about this whole thing.