Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex_Wolfenstein97

What's The Easiest & Quickest Way To Make A Music WAD / PK3 For ZDOOM Based Ports ?

Hey Guys ! I've been playing around with Brutal DOOM lately (on Zandronum) but i don't really like that metal soundtrack ... not a big metal fan ... however i took the time to download a few remastered versions of soundtracks for Ultimate DOOM / DOOM II / TNT and compiled them in to a Zip ... the thing is ... i've been playing Brutal DOOM CO-OP on Zandronum ... and i would like to get my remixes going on insted of the metal tracks ... well ... these are not mine ... but you get the point ... if any of you guys know how to quickly make a wad for DOOM / DOOM II , TNT OR PLUTONIA please let me know how to do that ...

How Can i Make these into WADs / PK3s ?

Any Help Would Be Appreciated ... i just hope it won't be incredibly tedious ... Thanks in advance xD

You will want to get Slade 3, it's a WAD editor. Learn the names of the standard music (D_E1M1, D_RUNNIN, etc). All you need to do is make a new WAD and simply import the MP3s you want, and rename them to the appropriate song filenames.

If you want to save some space, you might want to make a PK3 instead. PK3s are just ZIPs with a different name. If you do that, you'll do the same as the above, but you'll need to make a new folder inside of the PK3 called "Music" (without the quotes). You'll be putting the songs there, rather than the root directory.

You don't even need Slade if you want to go the PK3 route.

Alex_Wolfenstein97 said:

can you download my collection and make the wads from it and upload them or something like that?

Absolutely not. It's an extremely simple task.

Sodaholic said:

You will want to get Slade 3, it's a WAD editor. Learn the names of the standard music (D_E1M1, D_RUNNIN, etc). All you need to do is make a new WAD and simply import the MP3s you want, and rename them to the appropriate song filenames.

If you want to save some space, you might want to make a PK3 instead. PK3s are just ZIPs with a different name. If you do that, you'll do the same as the above, but you'll need to make a new folder inside of the PK3 called "Music" (without the quotes). You'll be putting the songs there, rather than the root directory.

You don't even need Slade if you want to go the PK3 route.

Absolutely not. It's an extremely simple task.

Thanks Bro ! ... but let's say that i have a file called D_RUNIN witch is the music that plays on TNT MAP01 But how can i get it to work at MAP09 ? (aka some of the songs are repeated ... do i have to make another copy of it and rename it to the propper name or ... ?) ... also ... can the names be lowercase as well ? or it only works with CAPS ? Thanks !

To change which songs are played on which maps, you can:
1. Make copies. It's what id did after all.
2. Include some DEHACKED lump that changes the song names. If you replace string IN_CIT by RUNNIN, you'll get the MAP01 song on MAP09 as well.
3. Provide a full-fledged ZMAPINFO lump which redefines all maps. Probably the simplest to do since you can copy the MAPINFO lump from zdoom.pk3 and rename the music tracks inside.

The engine is not case-sensitive, so lower case and mixed case are perfectly possible.

Gez said:

To change which songs are played on which maps, you can:
1. Make copies. It's what id did after all.
2. Include some DEHACKED lump that changes the song names. If you replace string IN_CIT by RUNNIN, you'll get the MAP01 song on MAP09 as well.
3. Provide a full-fledged ZMAPINFO lump which redefines all maps. Probably the simplest to do since you can copy the MAPINFO lump from zdoom.pk3 and rename the music tracks inside.

The engine is not case-sensitive, so lower case and mixed case are perfectly possible.

Well ... That was quick ... i thought about downloading a music wad witch had a mapinfo but i didn't knew the zdoom trick ... thanks !

all of my songs are in lowercase ... and they go something like d_e1m1 d_runin tnt_runin and so on ... Thanks Again :D