Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

mouldy said:

here's a creamy doom-town for your trouble. I'll change the sky at some point.

[image]

Mm, coffee look.

durian said:

How?

With a lot of sectors, GZDoom Builder, and too much time heh
The 4 "features" of this room total up to nearly 400 sectors and over 800 lines.

Eris Falling said:

Testing a concept.

wow, so many colours i've never seen in doom before..

Eris Falling posted:
RAINBOWS

Coming soon to the Rainbow Mapping Project? :D (the more colourful offshoot of Monochrome)

Schwerpunk: Knee-Deep in the Skittles, Somewhere Over the Doombow, Skittles Processing..
Possibly :P That many sectors is kinda time consuming, and I imagine actual textures are less versatile.
If I did make a map though, then GG Ribbiks :P

It's a horrible rainbow of death and destruction...

Anyway, what would you be doing with this color thing? To me it looks like you were testing in light fade in (Changing from one color to the next).

mrthejoshmon said:

Anyway, what would you be doing with this color thing? To me it looks like you were testing in light fade in (Changing from one color to the next).

Like a rotating spectrum pool? That would be awesome as fuck!

Also, I'm going to attempt a map using this idea. Supported by 6 others and a hub, this could be quite something...

Start area, MAP00.

It's time to leave the world of grey behind. Freedom lies on the other side of this door.

scalliano said:

Nah, they'd screw it up, just like everything else :P

Yeah, I goofed.

You know this effect, especially the third shot with the hexagon, could be used to simulate a prism--a light source (e.g. a sky) passing through a makeshift glass texture or ceiling just right.

Holy cow, are you still working on ToP2? Is it gonna be a full megaWAD or you just love making painfully long levels? :P

It's just taking me a painfully long time to make it :P

14 levels in total, 11 of them are done, the other 3 are all at least started, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer. Getting ToPII finished is my main focus now, as I have another project I'm eager to get started on, but I don't want any distractions.

It looks a bit like a computer generated map: rectangle-ish rooms with lots of similar tiny details.

schwerpunk said:

Despite its orthogonal-nes (or maybe because of it), there's something extremely pleasing to the eye about this DB shot. It look very orderly.

Memfis said:

It looks a bit like a computer generated map: rectangle-ish rooms with lots of similar tiny details.

Well, I guess that is the nature of this military storage complex (and now thanks to you two I know how to describe it in the textfile :V):

It's so Duke Nukem 3D it's not even funny.

Josh, I swear you have improved from a mediocre-but-decent mapper to an average-but good one! Nice works.

I also returned mapping (after 2 months of break) with an extraordinary, rather artistic map for Doomworld Mega Project 2014. My plan is to create a map that is similar to the Source game Dear Esther, but with symbols instead of narrative.

It's gonna be a little bit sad, since I dedicate this map for my lost projects.

The beginning room.

Outside scenery from the window next to the bed.

These stuff supposed to be bottles of wine.