Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Idiot college girl's FB 'Tweet' costs her 69 year old dad $80,000

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/-80-000-facebook-dana-snay-settlement-confidentiality-agreement-164326139.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/26/3961605/daughters-facebook-boast-costs.html

The FB post:
Gulliver is now officially paying for my vacation to Europe this summer. SUCK IT.

That's what cost her dad $80,000. Now for some back story. 2 - 3 years ago this girl's elderly dad won an age discrimination lawsuit for not having his contract renewed by Gulliver Prep School. Catch is no one could talk about the case and she did.

Discuss.

In my administration, gag orders would be illegal.

As would social networking sites. People need to be protected from themselves, each other and employer discrimination against those who choose not to participate in such nonsense.

Joking aside, I lol'd. Chances are that girl isn't going anywhere this summer, including past the front door.

Now that I know that geo is reading the Miami Herald, I can't help but imagining him as some sort of surfer dude.

Oh, they lost compensations. It's not the same thing as having to pay 80 grands.

Ha hardly. I'm a Chicagoan that loves cold and I hate the heat. The only water I go into is chlorinated at water parks.

The herald was linked on the yahoo news.

Gez said:

Oh, they lost compensations. It's not the same thing as having to pay 80 grands.

Guess you're right. It wasn't their money yet.

geo said:

Ha hardly. I'm a Chicagoan that loves cold and I hate the heat. The only water I go into is chlorinated at water parks.

The herald was linked on the yahoo news.

So I guess you're loving this winter, eh?

What I want to know is what Starbucks is she now working at. Tee hee.

Snay’s daughter, Dana, now at Boston College and a part-time Starbucks barista, couldn’t resist bragging about the case on Facebook. “Mama and Papa Snay won the case against Gulliver,” she wrote. “Gulliver is now officially paying for my vacation to Europe this summer. SUCK IT.”

I can empathise with the father. My lottery syndicate at work would have won £20 on the Euromillions, but the person who normally plays those numbers didn't pay so we didn't buy the ticket.

That's nearly £3 each we were fucked out of.

She could have worded it like this instead:

"There is good news involving myself, but I can't talk about it publicly"

Stupid American girl.

Hellbent said:

So I guess you're loving this winter, eh?

What I want to know is what Starbucks is she now working at. Tee hee.

Not Dumb Starbucks.

I wrote about this winter, but that would totally derail the conversation, so I just deleted what I put.

Coopersville said:

Screwing over old people is always funny.

Then you'll find British politics worth following.

facepalmed hard, I wonder what she is studying as her major. Her dad must be very proud now.

She got an A+ in her cuntery course.

article said:

According to depositions obtained by the Miami Herald, Snay argued that he needed to share the news with his daughter because she suffered “psychological scars” from her time at the school and besides, she knew her parents were in mediation. “We knew what the restrictions were, yet we needed to tell her something,” he said.

Sounds like he didn't tell his daughter about the gag order and maybe he already broke the rules by telling her something about the case. I didn't think a college girl would be that stupid, unless she was mad at her dad or something.