Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem 2013? More like MARCHem 2014. 3.9.14 realease?!?

If you use the second version I compiled in my last post then the wad does not need cc4tex.wad to run. Its entirely standalone now.

Yeah, but unfortunately that makes it quite a few megabytes heavier, which some people might not like. Unless you've pruned off the unused textures of course.

I have pruned out the unneeded textures. It's still a 5MB download but the wad uses a lot of textures. I don't care either way if you wanna upload a textureless version or not, but the convenience option is there, and is 5MB really such a huge deal these days?

If you are gonna upload the textureless version, it might be worth noting that cc4-tex comes as a part of Community Chest 4, and searching idgames for cc4-tex in the titles or filenames produces no results, there's no standalone entry for it in the archive.

Really? Sweet! I'll alter the textfile accordingly. Thanks for doing that Melon, much appreciated.

Double post.

Shall I upload this to the archives? I'm pretty much just waiting for the green light from TMD, but is there anything else that might have been overlooked?

Its fine. I will accept special "Thaaaanks" for putting this off for ten months and special for-realsies thanks to Obsidian and pals for actually getting shit done.

Consider the green light on otherwise.

tbh if all else had failed Id would have released them side by side.

And only now I notice a spelling error in the textfile. x-(

Looking forward to the next one. I might try making 2 like Dobu Gabu Maru did next time around.

Nice maps guys. Played them FDA style but a lot of them are too hard for me, so I die a lot and quit early. Will go back and play with saves later, which I'll enjoy more I think. They all look quite good and do a lot with the two-monster limit.

The cool pseudo-3D room in Map 02 doesn't work in GLBoom+ unfortunately. Works in GZDoom and PrBoom+ oddly enough. Also noticed a small texture error in Map 01, in case you ever do an update.

FDAs if anyone cares, they're not very exciting though. Map 05 isn't quite an FDA, I started it before but then had to quit. The later maps are quite short as I die a few times and then decide that they're too hard for me to play like that.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1250153

Magnusblitz said:

fffffffffffffffff

Agreed.

Personally I think using TNT would be a good idea considering how little it gets used. :)

Oh yeah, another weird bug thing: In Map 05, with GLBoom+, the sky transfers are glitchy and the sky will sometimes change from white to red if you stand in certain sectors. Again, not in PrBoom+ or *ZDoom.

May looks pretty quiet for me this year, I might be able to make a return to this series, although themes will probably be the deciding factor.

Katamori said:

And now...prepare for MAYhem 2014(?)!

MAYbe!

dobu gabu maru said:

Yay! I think it'd be easier to stick with stock textures for 2014... maybe we could try Plutionia.

Or another games not extremly modded like TNT, Doom or even Heretic, Hexen or Strife! (but i don't really think the last two could be taken seriously on list)