Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Looks cool didy, but the gamma is REALLY high, the screenshots would probably look better if it wasn't.

Tango said:

http://imgur.com/a1CoBlT

I started a boom mapset using a custom bex patch I made. notable changes are the SSG becomes a quad shotgun, and new monsters include a suicide bomber and a grenade zombie

You have my attention. :3

didy said:

some screenies (hope it works)

[screenies]

Wow. Didy is back. This is awesome in the best way.

Entertaining texture set. Elaborate and credible lighting. Must have! :D

Didy is back?

...I think my heart stopped for a second or two.

Also, it looks like a post-apocaliptic version of a random BTSX map, but damn nice though! Reminds me of Valhalla.

@ DeathevokatioN: Is that palette modified, or are those the stock magentas? It's hard to tell from the shot. But those pink lights are a beaut! Looks cool :)

Everyone's complaining about pink light, while the amount of details is almost orgasmic...

...damn, it's even a gay joke.

esselfortium said:

@ DeathevokatioN: Is that palette modified, or are those the stock magentas? It's hard to tell from the shot. But those pink lights are a beaut! Looks cool :)

I'm 99% sure that's the same magenta light texture from the Darkening E2 you were retching over during one of Tarnsman's streams last year. :P

Jimmy said:

I'm 99% sure that's the same magenta light texture from the Darkening E2 you were retching over during one of Tarnsman's streams last year. :P

It very well might be, but whatever it is it looks great with these darker surroundings.

The picture really does look like it's a bit of a different hue though. o_O

Nice job, Josh, back in the day I wanted to make a level with similar style for Katamori 1024, though I didn't have much place remain to do that, from obvious reasons.

About me: I continue working on Mastermind Monument. I just realised that inspiration comes while creating the map itself rather than before starting that. Now I can say that I wasn't so proud of any Doom-related stuff since the release of Katamori 1024.

The same in GZDoom (bigger resolution):

Without the last map of MAYhem 2013 (called The Stone Spinneret), I'd have never thought of using midtextures this way. Thank you, dobugabumaru!

EDIT: just for fun, a small comparison with the previous shot I posted here. Damn significant difference - and it's not even his final fo...well, actually it is, visplane overflow doesn't allow much more stuff here.

http://gifmaker.me/files/download/home/20140320/12/P0xFFiVUl2lgtyTIb4TTc8/output_JrdvJC.gif

Very nice Katamori, the mid textures are cool but I really like those two towering pillars for some reason. It might be interesting to see what the IOS face would look like a little higher. It might make him look more central to the structure.

I made a map today using the aforementioned bex patch I made. pretty satisfied with it for a day's work. will probably post tomorrow in wads n mods once I compile a list of credits

http://imgur.com/a/5LYIE

purist: those pillars in the middle are mostly used for eliminating visplane overflow. I worried for some time that it's gonna be out of place, but I'm glad if you like it. Also, the IoS face can't be higher sadly, since actually that marks the entrance and disappears immediately when you want to enter.

Inkie said:
MAP01 of something, using the UAC Ultra textures. [/B]

Love the contrast.

-spammedtoomuchwiththisbutdealwithit-

Something Fishy is coming not soon! mah first completed voxel to be released! but it will not have any use, just decoration, but it can attack you if not marked as friendly and will "hate" the little fish and eat them as it did in Commander Keen 4