Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem2048! Now on idgames!

Here we go again!

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/mayhem14.zip

A few scant weeks after the official /idgames release of MAYhem2013, the ride is about to start again! This is just anticipation or letting people know that it is going to happen again.

This years iteration of MAYhem will be 2048. (Don't worry, I do not intend to still be doing this project in 34 years, so this should not be a conflict of names. We can cross that bridge, however, if we ever come to it. I doubt the game will be relevant culturally in any future year, so we are doing it now!)

But, sliding textures are kind of against the Doom way, but we can still incorporate that funderful number. This years requirement is that the PLAYABLE AREA of the maps must be within a 2048x2048 square. (See the 1024 series and quadruple the area for some idea)
Much like the 1024 wads, you are welcome to use area outside the 2048 box for detail or monster closets, but the doomguy cannot leave that square without instantly dying or exiting the map.

As per usual, Boom Compatable is the name of the game. No ZDoomisms or unspeakable horrors may occur.

Your Texture pack this year will be the incomparable Return texture pack, brought to us all those years ago by TeamTNT. You may download it from their website, listed right after this colon:
http://teamtnt.com/return/retres.htm

Direct questions as needed here or via irc. If you have to ask here, make sure the questions pertain to MAYhem :)

Have Fun!

Other stuff:
There may be an "expansion pack" of sorts. I will see how the next 48 hours pans out, in terms of submissions.

This year, I hope to have an idgames release before summertime (Yes, Summer 2014)
(UPDATE: That didnt happen, but it is on idgames!
-TMD, 11/27/14)

Christ on a bike so soon!? But anyways, just gonna throw out that the TNT Revolution textures are looking niiiiice, so you may want to utilise some of them (if you can that is.)

TheMionicDonut said:

I hope to have an idgames release before summertime (Yes, Summer 2014)

rofl

For the sake of tradition I will make something for this.

FreddBoy said:

Christ on a bike so soon!? But anyways, just gonna throw out that the TNT Devolution textures are looking niiiiice, so you may want to utilise some of them (if you can that is.)

I will run it by the TNT2 team. There will have to be some adjustments if we do use it, but that is a pretty pack.

I may(lol) attempt something for this, I need something fresh to take my mind off of other more tedious work on my hands.

I believe I've said I'll try and get at least one in this year. That should mean that, on average, I've done one map per MAYhem ;)

I failed to provide a map last year, and have absolutely no time in May this year, so why do I appear in this thread? Only to remind TheMionicDonut to check his PMs. I apologize for this.

scifista42 said:

I failed to provide a map last year, and have absolutely no time in May this year, so why do I appear in this thread? Only to remind TheMionicDonut to check his PMs. I apologize for this.

Are you serious?

TheMionicDonut said:

Are you serious?

I am quite sleepy now, which is my usual state of mind when I may shitpost, but actually yes, I am serious.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but how else could I let you know in time, before you start taking a focus on a new project?
I admit I might not behave appropriately, apologizes again.

scifista42 said:

I am quite sleepy now, which is my usual state of mind when I may shitpost, but actually yes, I am serious.

Is this really the place for this?

scifista42 said:

before you start taking a focus on a new project?

Because people never do multiple projects at once.

scifista42 said:

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but how else could I let you know in time, before you start taking a focus on a new project?

By sending another PM after a few days? This project doesn't start for another week. Also, what Tarnsman said.

I have been on several important trips for responsible adults over the past month, and remembering if i got a PM was not at the top of my list of priorities.

ANYWAY, sign me up. I might try and see if I can contribute 2 maps like Dobu did last time. :)

dobu gabu maru said:

I'll see if I can brew something up for this. Hopefully it won't be as belated as the dreaded 2013 wad.

It won't. I learned to ftp and dont have summer classes this year.

joe-ilya said:

What about doom textures in doom2? I'll also try something fancy this year.

If we do wind up going stock, I will be including Doom and Doom2.

I MAY or MAY not do something for this.

See what I did there? I'm clever.

joe-ilya said:

Why may?

Because having a session called MAYhem would be pretty dumb if held in September.

Dunno if inspiration structs in, because I hate spring + lotsa things in mind. But you might count me in.

TheMionicDonut said:

Because having a session called MAYhem would be pretty dumb if held in September.

I mean it could be MARCH 'em or April fool 'em.
And prepare for the session tommorow! :)

All right. Texture pack and theme are looking good and ready. Now to do as MAYhem participants are so good at doing, and play the waiting game.