Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Is soldier of fortune 2 about DNA?

So I noticed that soldier of fortune 2 was called "Double Helix" so it made me wonder if the plot has to do with DNA?

Well, the plot does involve a virus, as in biological (there's also a computer virus as part of the plot, though). So the double helix, DNA, could easily fit in there. I haven't played the game, though.

There's a plot about a virus maybe, but I can't say SoFII's story was exactly a highlight, or memorable. As far as I'm concerned, they just thought Double Helix sounded cool.

Viruses don't have DNA. They have RNA, and I don't even know if it's shaped like a double helix.

Krispy said:

Viruses don't have DNA. They have RNA, and I don't even know if it's shaped like a double helix.

RNA is just a wobbly line and it has many functions in human cell as nucleus produces them via protein biosynthesis which composes of DNA transcription and after that DNA translation. There are 4 kinds of RNA these processes can produce, micro-RNA, Transfer-RNA, Messenger-RNA and ribosome but I dont go into details of their functions.

Even staircases can have double helix structure if you google french chateau de Chambord manor house

I've been trying to locate this game for a while. Will it run on Windows 8?

Krispy said:

So, Soldier of Fortune 2 Single Helix? lol

Mr. Freeze said:

I've been trying to locate this game for a while. Will it run on Windows 8?

As far as I know it runs on Windows 7.

Krispy said:

Nope. Please see Parvoviruses, herpes viruses, hepatitis B, adenoviruses, poxviruses, polyomaviruses, papilloma viruses... to name a bunch. (and to some extent, HIV)

Under some circumstances an RNA strand can self-anneal if it has complimentarity, adopting a double helix conformation. EDIT: Plus some RNA viruses have dsRNA by default.

Waffenak said:

... DNA translation. There are 4 kinds of RNA these processes can produce, micro-RNA, Transfer-RNA, Messenger-RNA and ribosome but I dont go into details of their functions.

Yeah, I'm a real molecular biology dick. That's RNA translation and there's a whole bunch of RNA products that can be made.