Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ty Halderman

Archive cleanup

If you would even accept Terrywads without bogus lumps to the archives, you could at least create a new directory called themes/terrywads.

I'm wondering if there's a problem with some of the archive mirrors. Three of them (Germany, Greece & Idaho) don't appear to have updated since 7th of April.

Doomkid92 said:

(Also, props for deleting the bullshit 0 star ratings on Obsidian's wadfiles.)

It's most likely Bloodshedder you should thank for that.

Doomkid92 said:

(Also, props for deleting the bullshit 0 star ratings on Obsidian's wadfiles.)

For a second I read that as "waffles". But yeah, thanks for deleting the spam comments. :) There might still be one, but I'm not too sure about it's legitimacy and seeing as it's just one I can live with it.

Stephen312 said:

If you would even accept Terrywads without bogus lumps to the archives, you could at least create a new directory called themes/terrywads.

That sounds like way too much validation for a giant moron and his braindead followers.

Stephen312 said:

An option I've been seriously considering. I don't like the x-rated option because those files don't go into newstuff at all, and these should make their (brief) appearance there.

Unfortunately my Real Job is interfering for the next few days and I'm not going to have time to do much including approving new uploads, but I'll get to it later in the week.

dew said:

That sounds like way too much validation for a giant moron and his braindead followers.

How about themes/cretins?

GreyGhost said:

How about themes/cretins?

themes/coprophagia

I liked the idea in the last thread about locking all comments on them and giving them the Post Hell theme.

@Gez I am so glad I didn't click Images when I looked that up. Ew.

I was starting to lean towards Gez's suggestion (while wondering what "eat shit and die" is in Greek), though it looks like we'll have to live with "terrywads" and console ourselves with the thought that those wads don't smell as bad as they play.

Wow, a hidden directory called themes/terrywads? Nice, now we wont have anymore Terrywads polluting the rest of the archives!

Probably not so much hidden as segregated, we'll find out when the database is updated.

plums said:

It's happening! It's like my birthday on Christmas!

Are you kiddin' me? Having your birthday on Christmas sucks. You only get half the presents because everyone cops out saying "This is for Christmas AND your birthday!"

Heh, my Nan's birthday is on Christmas. And my Dad's is on Boxing Day. Talk about lucking out.

Awesome, the skid mark on the underwear of Doom mapping has been bleached :) We all appreciate it!

That's what Ty said was happening, too. Doesn't matter too much if they're relegated to a separate /terrywads directory.

As long as its in its own special directory, cut off from the rest of the world, who cares?

Yes, the only issue is that you'll see the new ones in newstuff for a bit when they get merged. Just check the LASTxxxDAYS files to see where they actually go in addition to newstuff, so you can optionally find or ignore them.

I've already had one of the Terry crowd tell me to cut it out or "face the consequences". Wonder why that makes me sure I'm doing the right thing... hmmm.

There's a big batch to be moved this weekend that don't have the bogus fillers in them, and some others that will be rejected because they do. I have downloaded the whole archive now, and written a couple of utilities to identify both classifications, as well as having received much welcome help from the community (the real community).

Should get all that done before Monday.

Ty Halderman said:

I've already had one of the Terry crowd tell me to cut it out or "face the consequences". Wonder why that makes me sure I'm doing the right thing... hmmm.

I wonder how big the Terry crowd actually is at this point. I get the sense that it's mostly just a few guys, with a lot of time on their hands.

Memfis said:

isn't it like one person

AFAIK there's something like 10 repeat offenders and a bunch of one-offs or people that have quit.

NiTROACTiVE said:

So it's official, Terry WADs are going to be deleted from the archives after many years (if I read correctly). I'm surprised that Ty didn't do something about this a long time ago when this became a problem.

Also, are you really deleting UACMN? Don't get me wrong, that WAD is a pile of shit, but it left us a legacy of crap that we cannot forget.

UACMN returns without bogus lumps.

If anybody needs to report threats being made to the proper authorities, they can start with the following IP addresses as suspects:

• 68.61.179.75 as used by a Comcast user in Michigan on 02/14 @ 22:54:53
  • 73.190.30.29 as used by a Comcast user in Michigan on 04/22 @ 20:07:12
  • 68.60.79.67 as used by a Comcast user in Michigan on 04/23 @ 23:09:45
  • 68.61.168.118 as used by a Comcast user in Michigan on 04/28 @ 20:47:23
I base this on the widely held belief that it is the same group of people that has been attacking all the OFTC Doom IRC channels since February of this year. Whoever they are, they're not even smart enough to use a proxy or Tor or anything so I'm sure getting them a knock on the door from a friendly federal agency would be really easy if things need to really go that far.

Ty Halderman said:

I've already had one of the Terry crowd tell me to cut it out or "face the consequences".

Who do they think they are - Anonymous? :D

Idiots!

Quasar said:

If anybody needs to report threats being made to the proper authorities, they can start with the following IP addresses as suspects:

• 68.61.179.75 as used by a Comcast user in Michigan on 02/14 @ 22:54:53
  • 73.190.30.29 as used by a Comcast user in Michigan on 04/22 @ 20:07:12
  • 68.60.79.67 as used by a Comcast user in Michigan on 04/23 @ 23:09:45
  • 68.61.168.118 as used by a Comcast user in Michigan on 04/28 @ 20:47:23

I wonder if it's just one person or possibility two different people? I looked up the address and three of them are from the same area in Michigan.