Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

[solved] I can't compile GZDoom from source (errors occur)

I'm using Linux Mint 16 and I tried to compile GZDoom from source. I used instructions from Zdoom wiki:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_GZDoom_on_Linux

I did copy/paste on all the commands and everything was going fine until I arrived at the "compile GZDoom" step. I copied and pasted commands from the wiki, but this time the terminal returned some errors:

make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.

CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:259 (message):
Could not find GLEW library files

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
GLEW_LIBRARY
linked by target "zdoom" in directory /home/(my name)/gzdoom_build/gzdoom/src

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I pasted just the errors, not the whole thing. Can anyone linux savvy tell me what is going on and how to fix it? Is the wiki page up to date, or should I use different instructions?

Well obviously you need to install that GLEW library.

I already did, just like the instructions told me:

sudo apt-get install libglew-dev

The system says the package is already installed and updated etc. Yet, the error is there :/

The CMake files haven't been changed yet to search automatically. At the moment you need to set the paths itself.

Cool, thanks for posting a link to your solution Patrol1985... I ran into the same issue and found this post via web search :]

Graf, if the one-line change to CMakeLists in that thread doesn't break anything it would be nice to merge it.