Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Doom 2 The Way id Did demos [-complevel 2]

On a related note I've had another full uv run demo for a few months but have not submitted it. Dime told me to not include it as part of the demopack so I am submitting it separately.

I still plan on improving this at some point (I recorded this demo before the #doom d2twid IL demopack even began, so there are definitely some changes to make) but probably won't have time to do anything for a couple months.

d2twid 30uv in 40:51

30id4051.zip

Nice on Kraflab beating my Map 32 speed time, but I did max in 34 seconds awhile ago (though never released).

Edit: By the way, was map 7 not included in the competition?

id32-034.zip

We had the current DSDA times up in an excel spreadsheet and from what i've heard of the ones who attempted map 7 that the infighting was good. So it was a lesser priority than getting good times on maps without demos.

Map 01 Pacifist in 0:06.89.
Map 01 Nomo in 0:06.74.

Replace old demos in DSDA (old runs in 6.94 and 6.83 included).

Tried a bit for max as well; Dime's record is improvable, but I'm not interested in that kind of a grind. :P

id01runs.zip

Revved said:

Map 23 UV Max in 2:29

Run desyncs with the final version of D2TWID (December 2013), played back with November version, though. Nice low health moments.

This is why I preferred it when mapmakers released one version of their megawads and didn't have to constantly keep fixing quirks on what was supposed to be the final version.

I think these two demos will work though.
Map 12 UV Max in 3:54
Map 30 UV Max in 1:06

id1230.zip

Since it's an id-mimicking project, it should be 01-10, 11-20 and 21-30.

Episode 1 UV-Speed in 10:05
I forgot the BFG in map9 so instead of continuing my D2ALL run I just ended the demo after map10 and submitted this as an ep record :P

10uv1005.zip