Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Does anyone know of a wad or megawad where a map, possibly the final map, is a battle against a giant monster which may be the Gargantua from Half Life? The player is up on a ledge which runs around a central pit, where the monster is. I think "Midnight Train" or something very like it is the music for the map.

Does anyone have a copy of that blue cacodemon wad? I used to have it, but I was unable to save all of my wad stuff after my HD kicked the bucket. Nevermind, found it

Hi there.

I'm looking for a wad I downloaded not more than a couple of months ago, I don't know how I lost it. What I remember:

-It was something like a "race track", where you had to run and take down imps (or dodge them), something similar to Pagan's Run, but easier.
-It had some sort of scripting, maybe something like "3, 2, 1..." before the initial door opened.
-If I'm not mistaken, the sides of the track had slopes.
-The general color theme is grey, I think.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It took me days, but I finally found it. For anyone interested, it's Doom World Carnage League.

Looking for a TC wad that is set in a sci-fi future, featuring 9 new levels, news guns, new textures, new enemies (futuristic cops and such) and it is built for an open GL source port. Has a story. I believe it is on /idgames, but I'm not sure.

There's a wad I played briefly and then stopped, meant to come back to it, can't find it now though.

The main thing I remember is that the barons had a sprite edit that gave them wings and larger/glowing green eyes, looked a bit like this realm667 monster except I think their colour was unchanged.

Pretty sure it was a 32-level megawad. I want to say early 2000s but that could be way way off.

BTW, are there any command-line tools that let you search for lump names in a wad? Like if I could just search all my wads for ones that had a lump named BOSSA1 it would make finding this wad a lot easier, if I still have it.
edit: Oh cool, I think I can just use grep ...

and so I found it: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/megawads/rebirth.zip

(thanks Memfis, that was it, just as I figured it out. Oh well!)

There are two Hexen WADs I remember playing that AFAIK never made it to idgames for one reason or another.

The first was a collection of a few (four I believe) levels that were primarily DM oriented as I recall, but were the sort that put in some creatures and an exit to SP them if you really wanted to. The distinctive thing about it was a bunch of texture recolors that gave everything a grey & red color scheme. I believe there was also a recolored Chaos Serpent that was also grey & red. I think I got it from the author's personal website. I don't remember if a port was required but I'm thinking not.

The other one was something that was running on a co-op server (probably Skulltag) from which I got the download. It was a small hub (three levels I think) for ZDoom, though with minimal use of ZDoom stuff (the primary tip-off that it was, in fact, a ZDoom WAD was the use of a remote camera to show what a switch was doing.) As I recall, you started out in a sewer, the main level was a wasteland/badland type of place, and the final boss (a Heresiarch) was fought on an ice field. It had "DLC" as part of the file name as I recall.

Anyone have any info at all about that wad I was asking about? Sorry for the vague and fuzzy outline, but it seemed like the kind of map people would remember.

Gez said:

Please don't hotlink pictures

Quite right, not sure what I was thinking at the time but I normally don't. Fixed.

someone can help me to find 2 wads?

the first one was made under vanilla setup if i remember well, this wads looked like a mansion or some sort of mansion, the only thing i remember its a part i really liked a lot and was some sort of room with wood textures and windows that let you see outside but outside was kinda darky like a night sky and have some "middle textures with rain texture" outside of the windows. so that create the illusion that was raining outside (since this was made to be vanilla compatible).

the second wad was made under the zdoom format and if i recall correctly this wad have some kind of snow level and have this music for the map: https://www.mediafire.com/?eljbz784jjd6dnm with that one should be easy to find which wad is.

hope guys you can help me, the first because i dont remember if i finished such map and the second just to replay it again.

Thanks!

Memfis said:

first is this house.wad maybe

i though this could be but the rain texture looks different from the one i remember. maybe i recall the place to have some kind of chapel.

though that one was a hard map took me 2 tries to beat it.

Z0k said:

... rain texture... maybe i recall the place to have some kind of chapel.

Maybe too obvious, but perhaps it's Icarus map19 that you're remembering.

Grazza said:

Maybe too obvious, but perhaps it's Icarus map19 that you're remembering.

yeah i checked the map after downloading and its this one! thanks so much. now i will start again the wad from map01 to reach again that map.

Yeah, I always remember Icarus for its "ship" maps, but then I go over kmxexii's review again (the screenshots really help trigger my recall) and I'm like, "Oh, right, that level was in Icarus!" (MAP17's identity had actually been eluding me up until just now.)

Here's one for myself: Early on, you're in a large wooden room. At some point, the floor drops down permanently, leaving high ledges around the outer edge of the room and revealing a keyed door leading down to the left. I could have sworn it was in Thy Flesh Consumed (I've played the level in question a few times, which limits which megawad it could be from), but a recent replay has shattered that illusion.

ETTiNGRiNDER said:

The other one was something that was running on a co-op server (probably Skulltag) from which I got the download. It was a small hub (three levels I think) for ZDoom, though with minimal use of ZDoom stuff (the primary tip-off that it was, in fact, a ZDoom WAD was the use of a remote camera to show what a switch was doing.) As I recall, you started out in a sewer, the main level was a wasteland/badland type of place, and the final boss (a Heresiarch) was fought on an ice field. It had "DLC" as part of the file name as I recall.

This immediately made me think of Vaults. You start the mod by escaping from your cell into a large sewer maze, and the landscape outside is entirely badlands. If that isn't it, I dunno which mod you played.

Hi there.

I was wondering if any of you have this one.

Yes, I am aware of the "Download-not yet" thing, but maybe someone got it somehow?

I'm going to try this one here again:

I remember a somewhat big room With a huge cross or upside-down cross which has a red key in the middle. The big cross itself turns into (or already is?) a crusher. I thiiink the texture theme was Brown stone.

I'm also pretty sure the map is in one of the classic megawads (Icarus, MM,Requiem), but I just cannot find it when idcleving and noclipping (dont have the patience to check all areas of all maps!)

Anyone?

Memfis said:

MM map26 has a huge red cross...

Thanks. It's not how I remember it, but so far it's the most probable area.

I just remember playing the map I'm looking for in co-op, and that was over ten years ago now, so I might remember it very wrong :P

I'm looking for an old Doom 1 wad, could be from 1994 but probably came out a year or two older.

- I recall it having e1m2 music so maybe it replaces e1m2 but maybe I just used IDMUS.
- I think the author had like 4 more wads in the archive and one was a slightly edited version of another (maybe a Doom 2 conversion).
- One of the first rooms had a bunch of teleporters taking you to different parts of the level, kind of like this: http://i.imgur.com/wZIzsrx.jpg
- Also near the start I remember some big long white hallway with a window view to the large outside area, which was brown: http://i.imgur.com/jeqs853.jpg
- That large brown area was connected to another one via a tunnel like this: http://i.imgur.com/4jCAsZt.jpg Maybe it wasn't the only way to get there.
- Also it had an outdoor area with 2 "towers" and some cacodemons, I think you could get in them too: http://i.imgur.com/YeKMxZS.jpg
- The map was kinda long, surely took at least 15 minutes to beat.

I could try drawing an area or two more if necessary...

Trying to find this wad so I can redownload it after a HDD crash...I remember it started off calm, in front of a building of some sort with a guard (can't remember if it was an Nazi SS or a marine) and I think a bit of text before he let you in. Shortly after that when the demons appear, you're crawling through an air vent. That's about all I can remember.

@Platinum Shell: Maybe it's Trust? I don't remember the air vents part, but the first part of your description fits in very well...

Zed said:

@Platinum Shell: Maybe it's Trust? I don't remember the air vents part, but the first part of your description fits in very well...

Yes, thanks a ton!