Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom II Guy

ZDOOM Problems

Alright, I'm using ZDOOM for the first time...and I was wondering why do the monsters go so damn fast? Fast monsters isn't even on!! What should I do? Also, it says it can't find the wad when I open and play it, even though it's playing. Help anyone?

Hmmm, do you mean the whole game runs fast, or just the monsters?

Sometimes the whole game will run too fast, but that has only happened to me a couple of times...

I'll check to see if it's just the monsters that go fast or not. Oh, and I'm using v 1.22, maybe the new version will be fixed?

Alright, I forgot about this until today. I tried the new version, and the normal Doom 2 levels work fine. However, I am trying to use Dark 7 (7 level project...) and that goes extremely fast. What to do what to do...

Your problem may well be on your own computer, though I can't offer any further help. Dark7 does not include a dehacked patch which would be required to change the monster speeds. Anyone else have ideas?

Doom II Guy said:

Alright, I'm using ZDOOM for the first time...and I was wondering why do the monsters go so damn fast?

It has to be your computer. ZDoom runs better than the original Doom.exe does on my computer.