Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Project: Illuminatus (32-level Megawad) [Full WAD Finally Released To /idgames]

Streaming to Youtube is a pain. Recording with Fraps and reuploading to Youtube is a pain too.

I save my livestreams to my profile for posterity. That way even if you can't make it to the actual stream, you can still watch it later.

I watched your stream Pavera, and man-oh-man it was a blast! I can't wait for the other parts of your stream.

Also, I'm still working on MAP27.

MAP27 is finally done! Here's a screenshot:

As you can see, I used this sky that Gez that he made me:

The room in the picture also has some minor glitch that I'll have someone check out after the WAD is 100% complete.

I also have some more textures in the WAD, and here they are:

The brown texture is meant for the hellish version of the DOORTRAK texture.

MAP17 has been slightly modified, and MAP15 got some changes too. I made some modifications to what GreyGhost did with the door he made as well as some of the things he supposedly added. I also made the portal to the secret level that can also get you to the super secret level in the megawad.

MAP28 is finally done! Here's a screenshot of it:

We're just two maps away from being 100% done!

I'm also still waiting for the cleaned-up version of the intermission screen from GreyGhost, so let's hope he can get it done soon.

2 more maps , hooray , try to make MAP30 as creative and fresh as possible... If you can and want to.
Also, make MAP29 long so it'll feel like it's the last map to the boss.

joe-ilya said:

2 more maps , hooray , try to make MAP30 as creative and fresh as possible... If you can and want to.
Also, make MAP29 long so it'll feel like it's the last map to the boss.

Yeah, and I'll do my best to make MAP30 creative. As for MAP29, I'll make it pretty long, but not TOO long so that it won't cause errors in DOS and classic source ports.

Also, here's he older version of MAP15 because it had to be butchered down a bit due to it taking up too much space and causing errors in DOS and classic source ports:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nbl432qk2ipdnnn

MAP29 is finally done! Here's a preview screenshot:

We're just one map away from being done, and the last map shouldn't take too long because it's the final boss map, and I have plans to make it short. Also, when it's done, I'll just take a picture of the starting area because I want everything else about it to be a secret.

Also, when I'm done mapping, I'll start with the deathmatch stuff. Then after that, I'll give out beta testing roles, and then I'll work on the other stuff such as the credits screen and the level guide document.

I'll also need a Doom graphics designer to help me with the ending screen too.

MAP30 is already done! Here's a screenshot:

As of now, the mapping for Illuminatus is 100% done! Before I release the details on the beta testing, I'll place the death match spawns and items in all of the maps.

OK, I have an update to make. I have cancelled the death match option because of problems such as too huge of maps to play as well as MAP23 having a certain feature that might make it frustrating for players. However, the beta testing details have been released here.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I can be a level tester.

OK, I sent you the WAD and I also sent it to GreyGhost and Satori Komeiji (YouTube).

I would also like someone else to help me with the ending screen that appears when you beat the WAD.

Can I level-test this too? I'd love to see what kinds of maps you make.

Spoiler

So that I may rip off material from it. (jk)

@Crasger: Even though you must be joking, I'm only going to let Forum Regulars and higher ranks test the WAD... for now at least.

Also, there's a new beta-testing job I added to the beta-testing page on my website I made. Check it out.

I'm definitely not kidding.

But on a serious note, I'll just wait for the release of the final WAD instead.

Fellowzdoomer said:

I could test levels if you'd Like.

I said I'll only let Forum Regulars and up test my WAD because I find them more trustworthy, but maybe I should think about that more.

I have an update to make. GreyGhost hasn't still replied to any of my emails or PMs, I don't know if he's really busy or that he's ignoring me because he's upset with me for some reason. If it's the latter, then I'm sorry for whatever I did to you GreyGhost. If he takes too long to reply, I'll have some substitute for his spot in the bug finding of the level. But the person must have skills with the limits of the DOS/Vanilla ports of Doom if they want his spot. I'll also clean up the graphic he volunteered to do myself if he still doesn't reply.

Do you guys still need a playtester? I'm curious to see the contents of this megawad.

doomguy93 said:

Do you guys still need a playtester? I'm curious to see the contents of this megawad.

Right now I need a beta-tester with experience with DOS/Vanilla style WADs as well as the components with them. GreyGhost contacted me and said he was busy with stuff, so I'll have someone fill his spot for testing the full beta, although he will still be credited for his hard work with beta-testing Episodes 1 & 2. I might have a friend from YouTube do it.

NiTROACTiVE said:

Right now I need a beta-tester with experience with DOS/Vanilla style WADs as well as the components with them. GreyGhost contacted me and said he was busy with stuff, so I'll have someone fill his spot for testing the full beta, although he will still be credited for his hard work with beta-testing Episodes 1 & 2. I might have a friend from YouTube do it.

I'll be honest, I don't know much about Vanilla style wads. I am more familiar with using zdoom/skulltag/zandronum (doom in doom) & some (doom in hexen) formats.
However, I can still give some gameplay/design suggestions on some of the maps. I have a good eye of knowing what is good/bad based on the years of playing Doom wads. I'm also familiar with your youtube account.

I'm actually in charge of a 35 level DM megawad myself called "Deathmatch Revival" (DMR.wad). It is near complete, but we also need some beta testers: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/66475-deathmatch-revival-project-under-new-management-by-dg93/

Hi!
The maps are looking awesome! Downloaded the first 20 maps and played through the first few, and was amazed. You have caught that vanilla feel right on!

Now I'm interested in livestreaming this (to see all the lvls and to share the fun and my opinions), do I need your permission or can I just go ahead?

I dont know when I will get the time yet, but here is a link to my twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/psykopatmullvad73

Best regards!

Thanks for the comment on my WAD, and it's great that there will be another Twitch stream on my WAD.

Also, since this thread was bumped, I'll shall say that the full version is still coming, but it's just that it's going slow.