Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

the good times 2

last night for the first time in a long time i played a midnight game of doom. even after all these years of playing it can stil be creepy, more so on new pwads. even stranger i had a dream about frowing molotov cocktails at groups of imps. I would throw it and watch a group of about 30 imps run as they burned alive. then i would assault a new group of hungry and pissed imps. it shows how doom can play with your mind in the dead of the night.

Well yay, I love those midnight Doom experiences too. The kind of shit that can only happen in a pitch black room with either good headphones or fucking cranked speakers. The kind of shit that makes you literally jump when you hear a Revenant. The kind of shit that makes you smile when you take out a Baron with just your shotgun.

Isn't that why we're on this forum? =)

well now i live in the attic at my moms house. the attic is creepy at night. i also have a sound system hooked to my PC for the ultimate in doom experinces as well as a huge ass monitor. the whole room has a creepy cave like feeling to it and is great for doom. however the best place was at her old boyfriends house in the basement, with that old 486. the basement was full of old boxes and toys makeing it extra creepy and the boxes reminded me of e2m2. so when u were in the basement u could almost hear the imps

I still remember the first time I heard Doom through a $500 stereo system. Makes me wish it had good surround sound. Just sit in a circle of speakers in total darkness in front of a huge monitor and see how long it takes me to jump through the ceiling.

Hmm, I just thought of something... I've seen most of the enemies in Doom throw down with each other except for a few. Mancubuses versus Revenants is usually a good fight, every time I've seen it the one with some meat wins. I'd like to see an Arch-Vile go at it with a Baron of Hell.