Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

Hm, I went to another computer in the house (that I never use Doomworld on), and logged in with IE. I kept getting the same error message.

This same computer also has Chrome, so I tried Doomworld out on that, and it's working fine in Chrome.

So it may seem to be browser-related, then.

Do you have a copy of IE to test on?

The links are like those:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/search.php?action=finduser&userid=7001
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/search.php?action=finduser&userid=8980

Looking at the URL bar in your screenshot, you somehow used instead:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/members/peach freak/search.php?action=finduser&userid=7001
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/members/GreyGhost/search.php?action=finduser&userid=8980

Here's how I reproduce it:

1) I click the profile link in the bottom left of someone's post

2) I then click the "search for all posts by this user" link in the top right of their profile.

When I do that, yes, it does give me a link in the address bar like this:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/members/peach%20freak/search.php?action=finduser&userid=7001

Was this changed recently or something?

GreyGhost said:

Either this old forum software's got its wires crossed, or the "This or that" thread has been to hell and back.

Well it has now, because when I tried to press "Edit thread" (to see its history) I accidentally pressed "Hell it". But prior to that it apparently hadn't been moved.

joe-ilya said:

Why'd you think so?

I'm going by the timestamps on their posts. The "Last Post" entry for a forum remains even if the relevant thread's moved elsewhere (try finding kristus' post in News Submissions), and 40oz's post in "This or That" might be just a few seconds newer than Bloodshedder's in "Name change, but that's all it would take IF the thread had been to hell and back.

The link to DoomWord appears to be down on the Editors & Utilities page. I haven't tested the others.

EDIT: Hm, looks like the website with the download for it has gone belly-up. Is there an IdGames entry for DoomWord that you could link on the page instead?

DoomWord doesn't appear to be on /idgames. All I could find was an alternate download link in this post for what appears to be an earlier version that crashes on Win7. Would be worthwhile trying to contact the author for permission to upload v1.3 to the archive.

Seems like polls are allowed in Wads & Mods for example but not in Doom General. This forced me to create a thread in the wrong section today, hoping that an admin will move it where appropriate.

On /idgames, in the box where comments are shown, the scrollbar acts different. I can't click and hold to move the bar up and down. Clicking the bar without holding the click "activates" it, and I can move the bar up and down without holding the click. To deactivate the bar I have to right-click while my mouse is on the bar. I find this really annoying. The txt file box below it acts like normal. I'm using Chrome.

Ok thanks. Just tried in IE and it works there. Weird that it's only the comment box scrollbar, the txt file box scrollbar works fine. Haven't noticed this on any other site either, but maybe I don't click scrollbars often.

Perhaps it would be an idea to remove the ubiquitous big-boards.com web bug. It seems the site no longer exists (its DNS is nonexistent), resulting in a timeout on every page load.

Edit: (2014-07-22) It appears this change has been made. Thank you!

I didn't get password reset mails, not even in my spam folder (hotmail.com e-mail adress)

Fortunately I found my pw, so it's not relevant, but might be in the future.

It seems like the Doomworld /idgames file viewer — the one where you see description, ratings and the text file — just uses the default system font instead of something monospace for the raw text file, making it hard to read. An example screenshot is below, for OS X:

On iOS it also uses the default system font.

The page contains no style information for the textarea tag. Do textareas on other sites display a variable width font? If so, it's probably a Safari bug.

EDIT: I've added style information anyway to hopefully force the textareas to monospace.

So, is there any reason why the box that allows me to put a review on a wad on the /idgames frontend isn't showing up at all?
Disregard that, this was apparently fixed a few minutes after I posted.

For some reason the homepage of the archives hasn't updated: it shows a slew of spam comments that Ty already deleted on some of the uploads.

Satyr000 said:

Also is there a place to request a name change?

As written in the forum FAQ, send a PM or email to an admin.