Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jive

ALERT VIRUS

I have received an email from a man with the name "atan" and a file attached named "quot.doc.pif" (157 Ko)
ALERT !
It's a VIRUS !
If you receive such an email : always examine the name of the attached file : with a double extension, it's certainly a virus !
The rule : when you receive an email from an unknown guy : NEVER OPEN ATTACHED FILES !
ALWAYS DELETE THE EMAIL !

yawn, like i've never got that before. good thing i use a REAL email checker.

/me pets telnet/SSH

Me uses an non-name mailer.You can make it look like someone else is sending the message.Its fun...

/me slaps telnet/SSH and pets Methodus Toolz annoyomous mailer...

Personally I love these kinds of virii. People stupid enough to open up attachments from someone they don't know get what's coming to them. I've been mailed at least a dozen of the damn things, from 200 to 550k in size.

Its akin to clicking on one of those banners that says 'You have one message waiting for you!' and ending up with fourteen popup banners with cumshots on them. Ha ha.

You like virus ?!?
You think others are stupid ?
but... YOU ARE A "Small idiot"! (in french : "petit con!")

Jul 23 - Due to the increase in samples, the risk assessment for W32/SirCam@MM has been updated to a HIGH risk.

It's the answer of the virus research Central...

http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99141

This virus is actually on the net...
But no matter : you like virus, humm...?

Think of this.

Remember the 'I Love You' virus that kicked half of the computers in the world right in the teeth? By comparison that was a great thing!

People just had to suddenly realize that not everyone on the internet was nice and just wanted to chat. They finally got it, that, just like everywhere else, there are people that want to fuck you up from the neck up for no reason whatsoever.

If 'I Love You' hadn't gone around this SirCam virus would probably be 10x worse than it currently is.

The sooner people realize that you just fucking don't read emails with attachments from people you don't know the better. If one million stupid people have to pay $200 at Best Buy to have Windows reinstalled then fuck 'em, they're martyrs to the cause.

I figure three or four more of these things and they'll die down for a good while because maybe all the monkies with keyboards will figure it out.

If it wasn't for 'I Love You' we would all have about thirty of these damn things emailed to us each hour as everyone's computer crashes and burns.

The question is... what's next?

To be completely blunt and unsympathetic, whatever it is will be a lot easier to take because of this lighter weight problem we have now will educate a few people.

This virus is actually really cool (as long as you dont get infected by it) as it emails peoples documents out. Ling got this (read it).

Heh, I got 5 of those mails until now, 2 of them this morning, even from the same person! Didn't look at the files it sent though... however, I still got them :)

Personally, I don't feel like being infected with a virus because some retard in Mexico thinks it's funny (Guess where SirCam comes from.).

Here is a site with information on the virus and how to remove it:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.html

Additional information, and a special tool for removing the virus and restoring the Windows system registry were added this morning.

Let's hope the cops in Cuitzeo, Michoacan Mexico get their hands on this creep soon.