Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

Heh, pcorf map was cool. I mean it looked fine, played ok but the idea of the and the ending was great. I loved it.

SFoZ911 said:

Heh, pcorf map was cool. I mean it looked fine, played ok but the idea of the and the ending was great. I loved it.

Cheers!

So my map has finally arrived. It's not that originally planned collab map, we decided to use that in another project. But it is a completely new map made from scratch by me today in 6 hours. Not a tiny map nor a epic big map, pretty much something in between. This map is a bit special because it dosen't feature ssg at all, tought that would make things more challenging somewhat.

Heres some specs:

Name: Rage
Build time: 6 hours
Author: Solid Snake
Music: Suicidal Tendencies - Gotta Kill Captain Stupid (midi version of course)

Heres some screens: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2i40si2yy9qxe93/AACO0Z8YRh1NPu2hKtuiIpS-a

Heres some map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/juotu0zrq4e997l/Rage.wad

BTW change my name in the main post, used to be TheUltimateDoomer but that name turned out to be too mainstream, now - call me snake!

And is txt file required? if needed i could make one, i like map text files.

EDIT: Map is vanilla compatible.

EVEN MORE EDIT: I think it's worth to mention that no jumping or crouching is allowed in this map in zdoom, i had a friend here testing who got a invisibility secret by jumping but theres another way for that.

I assume you asked me. Well it's only tested working in ZDoom, tried in chocolate but failed. I assume it works in some other source ports too however, GZDoom definitely legacy? doomsday? dont know much about source ports other than zdoom but i assume it works with them since they are pretty advanced if im correct.

Fellowzdoomer said:

Do you like CoH or should I scrap it?

Keep it... it's not that bad but is too linear imo, but since EVERY type of map is accepted here, just keep your level, remember the last year megawads!

Also, is funny that the last year had a huge ammount of contributes in 6 months than this year...

I just put nocrouch and nojump parameters into mapinfo so no one gets any funny ideas. Freelook is enabled however, i like freelook, gives you more freedom somehow.

If your some hacx dude you can disable them however but whats the point, map is meant to be played without jumping or crouching.

Updated my map a bit. Lots of texture alingment fixes and some areas retextured also added a bit of more detail to some places. No need to update the main post, edited the wad directly from dropbox so it updated itself but still the same download link works.

If anyones played my map some feedback would also be cool.

Yet again did various bug fixes, this map is perfect now :P btw why is this thread so dead all the time

I'll check it out and report back to you. Also return the favor and try my map out :P

Will do, strange that there's 59 mappers and only 15 maps by now, i think everyone will start working on their map on december 15 or do a 1h speedmap in 29-nth :D

damn, i played the version that was at the main post and it felt really unfinished i knew something was wrong, will play the last version you've posted now.

TimeOfDeath's final words before his Time of Death:
Reference, sure, but I don't know about copy/pasting stuff from other people's maps.

that bbq is a homage, completely different shape and textures are used. totally not copy paste for sure

I assume that copy pasting comment was made because of my homage detail in my map, that detail is similar in the second map from TNT evilution called Human BBQ pretty much at the starting area. if that's what you mean it's definitely not copy paste, you can look at them yourself.

No I didn't mean that. It was a joke. I didn't realize any homages with TNT. I have an FDA ready and my map has a reference in it too. Do you know it?

The quote was the last thing he said in this thread.

Well now you know :P btw how do i record a demo with zdoom, haven't done that before. Also pretty bad timing :D i totally thought you played my map and then made that comment because of that detail in my map

I'll download prboom but the problem remains, how to record demo in there?