Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2013 - 54 maps - /idgames link

TimeOfDeath said:

The ear rape at the end was unintentional because I play with no sound, my mistake. Pressing the swim up/down keys lets you go up and down much faster.

No sound at all? I've known players who turn off the music, but you'd be the first who turns off all the sounds.

TimeOfDeath said:

The ear rape at the end was unintentional because I play with no sound, my mistake. Pressing the swim up/down keys lets you go up and down much faster.

I did press swim up/down (after binding keys to them), and still had to Godmode my way up the sinkhole as it wasn't quite fast enough it seemed. Unless I missed something, that section didn't seem doable without losing most of your health or dying. Also you play with no sound at all? Interesting.

Ijon Tichy said:

No comments at all? It was meant to be something like Robotron 2084 in Doom; infinite waves of dudes, no way to win, just get the score as high as possible before dying.

I guess I said at the time that this had a very "arcadey" feel to it, but I wasn't too keen on playing the map further due to the hitscanner spam that happened quickly.
Perhaps you could have set a minimum score before players were allowed to activate the exit switch? I just didn't feel incentivised to play your map after finding the immediate exit.

walter confalonieri said:

anyway is based all from this he-man viral youtube video...

I figured that out eventually as I played through the map, since I wasn't aware of that particular meme although I had heard of it a while back.

Suitepee said:

I did press swim up/down (after binding keys to them), and still had to Godmode my way up the sinkhole as it wasn't quite fast enough it seemed. Unless I missed something, that section didn't seem doable without losing most of your health or dying. Also you play with no sound at all? Interesting.

I was able to move through the water without losing any health in that map.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

I enjoyed reading reactions towards my map. Ammo/monster placement is something I really need to work on.

Do you have any other maps released? I'd be interested to see what else you've come up with.

Netherstorm said:

Any updates on when this will be uploaded to idgames?

I'll do it this week. Haven't received a reply from Scypek about the dead link to his updated map, so I'll release it with the old version (new version just has cosmetic changes I think).

plums said:

Do you have any other maps released? I'd be interested to see what else you've come up with.

Same question here. While 3WFH isn't exactly what I enjoy (funny enough, I wasn't dying after the yellow key at all, all of my deaths happened before it) - it's still very impressive and definitely one of this project's highlights. I can understand Suitepee's condition, but I still think that severe bashing of this map from him is largely undeserved since there's more than enough to appreciate in here even with all the things one may dislike.
So yes, I'd be interested in seeing more from this author.

I actually got a PM from Du Mhan Yhu with some other maps of his, haven't gotten to playing them yet though. Maybe he will just post them here...? ;)

I agree with you about empathizing with Suitepee, while still feeling like he's been a little too hard on it.

Okay, so I started recording the episodes of my commentary walkthrough of this stuff, as I did it with the previous one. Because of being busy and I still didn't finish Going Down, I'm planning to launch the episodes in July.

My question is that: is there anyone who doesn't want to wait until that? Because I can start it earlier then.

Katamori said:

Okay, so I started recording the episodes of my commentary walkthrough of this stuff, as I did it with the previous one. Because of being busy and I still didn't finish Going Down, I'm planning to launch the episodes in July.

My question is that: is there anyone who doesn't want to wait until that? Because I can start it earlier then.

July sounds good. If I do have a suggestion for a more specific time, I would say somewhere within the first two weeks of July. But whatever you decide on is fine by me.

I can't wait to hear your commentary! :)

obake said:

If I do have a suggestion for a more specific time, I would say somewhere within the first two weeks of July. But whatever you decide on is fine by me.

Most certainly, that's gonna happen. Sadly I will not be able to post them here, but IDGAF, I'm gonna try to do so.

Katamori said:

Heh. Good luck.

'kay guys, I started uploading videos. Here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5OrNndkwsSUNd5jPkbV4T1nfGhBvC_Zu

Only a few videos are uploaded yet but I almost finished the whole set. Some comments for authors:

Demonologist - nice design, unplayable map
Obsidian - I bow down for your creativity
Scypek2 - WTF, but seriously: WTF?? I loved your map though.
walter confalonieri - same
Du Mhan Yhu - you killed my brain cells, that map took more than 2 hours even with cheating
joe-ilya - the same, but less time
obake - that zombie nun picture seriously scared me, otherwise great PSX-style map
eradrop - I couldn't go on the first few rooms of your map
dobugabumaru - f&ckin great, but not easy
cannonball - you make truly heavy slaughtermaps
Ed - great as usual, but I HAVE TO KNOW the name of the music
Ijon Tichy - REVOLUTIONAL MAP MAN! I loved it!! I love sandbox stuff.

Also terribly sorry for the delay, but I had no internet connection for a lot of time.

Katamori said:

Du Mhan Yhu - you killed my brain cells, that map took more than 2 hours even with cheating

Another happy customer. :D

Seriously, was my map really that tough?

Nah, honestly the design and the megalomaniac size are great, but I can't believe you could be that sinister that to release this map as it is - even the beginning room made me sweating. :D