Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

The Adventures of Square - PROGRESS! Latest development shots on pg. 2 and 3!

Here be another progress journal! Finally - I've been disorganized as shit and development on the project at least from my end has been kind of slow on account of my recent university-related shenanigans.

Have a new weapon!

New monster in progress.

Tarnsman's map which will be Area 3: Canyons!

Vehicles! (purely for decoration, mind you)

And some deathmatch maps!

Also, here's some music! Yes, we're actually working on that now. :D
Launch Time (3:18)
Pyramidine (2:40)
Trianger (3:20)

We're hoping for a release at the earliest next month. If I'm busy with university, though, I think we'll push that forward another month - at most. All the maps are very close to done, and once music and sound effects are out of the way (thanks to Alfonzo and MTrop for their help with those so far), it's just playtesting playtesting playtesting.

GET PSQUARED!

This is absolutely amazing, was grinning the whole time i was playing the demo. Love the simplicity of the visuals all the way to the weapons and how they feel as well as the comical death animation of enemies.

Jimmykins, I just want to remind you that the creative direction this project is taking is definitely for the best. Looks like a mighty fine total conversion is in progress here. Don't be afraid to make the gameplay different from Doom's frantic pace.

Breaking update from Pavera on his Area 5: Caves!

Archvile78: Glad to hear you enjoyed it! :D

TheCupboard: Rest assured while there'll a good dosage of some pretty frantic gameplay like Doom's, so will there be other elements of gameplay such as puzzles to solve and treacherous platforms to overcome with Square's extra moveability. And if those aren't quite your cup of tea, then hopefully the familiar crazy shoot-em-up style of play which will (at an estimate) make up at least 90% of the maps' gameplay, will make up for them. :)

I have to say, despite this not looking like my cup of doom-tea I am very interested in its progress. Its impossible not to like those colourful screenshots

Looking great, Jimmy. I usually don't like cars in Doom, but this is one of the few exceptions where blocky cars actually fit. And very well! Loved those town screenies. Keep up the good work.

When I try and download the 1.1 version, the download is blocked because it is apparently "malicious". I'm assuming that's just Google Chrome being stupid.

That it is. We've had this problem before with Chrome. Try another browser if it's actually stopping you from downloading.

The dropbox link is down and I am having issues loading the site I'm using firefox. If I cancel loading the site will load without the images and the download stops at 21mb with a broken zip file :(

This thread is old (and possibly needs closing & a link to the new one in the OP): see here for all the latest stuff.

By "the site", are you referring to adventuresofsquare.com or just Dropbox?

Xaser said:

This thread is old (and possibly needs closing & a link to the new one in the OP): see here for all the latest stuff.

By "the site", are you referring to adventuresofsquare.com or just Dropbox?

I mean his site. Dropbox link is dead and I have strange loading issues with his site and it's download link.

Edit: Sorry for bumping thanks for the new thread's link! :D
I think the issue was on my end site's working now.

I just put the links back in working order for preservation's sake, but please do go to the other thread for the full version of the project.

Can this thread be locked?