Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

What do your parents think of Doomworld?

Smokebox said:

Bah, don't rub it in...

I'm also getting a 30 gig HD, a USB Hub to route my Cable upstairs so my both my comps can be online, and that isn't mentioning what I plan to get for my B-Day on July 31 ^_^

Actually, my parents see me on here all the time, however, they haven't any clue that I'm actually registered here. They aren't stupid, or anything like that. My dad's a reasonable intelligent guy, more than he lets on, and my mom could probably reformat this comp and have it up and running everything in a couple days max time. They just don't have any idea what I'm doing on here.
Except, that is, as my Mom would say, "just to download that stupid Doom junk and clutter up the harddrive."
Which I find hilarious as I have 18 gigs of space left on this puppy. :)

DooMBoy said:

Actually, my parents see me on here all the time, however, they haven't any clue that I'm actually registered here. They aren't stupid, or anything like that. My dad's a reasonable intelligent guy, more than he lets on, and my mom could probably reformat this comp and have it up and running everything in a couple days max time. They just don't have any idea what I'm doing on here.
Except, that is, as my Mom would say, "just to download that stupid Doom junk and clutter up the harddrive."
Which I find hilarious as I have 18 gigs of space left on this puppy. :)

My Dad says "all that crap makes the computer run slow" to which I say "we have P4 with 256 mb ram, it will NOT RUN SLOW" "whatever..."

They know nothing about computer games; of course, they know nothing about Doom, either ;)

Heh, my dad starts talking about upgrading our system and getting a new hard drive every time Netscape starts to slow down on him. He's a smart guy when it comes to mechanics and law, but the inner workings of a computer are beyond him.

My mom is morbidly afraid of this computer. Not what's on it or what it can do, per se; she's just afraid of destroying the thing.

IMJack said:

Heh, my dad starts talking about upgrading our system and getting a new hard drive every time Netscape starts to slow down on him. He's a smart guy when it comes to mechanics and law, but the inner workings of a computer are beyond him.

My mom is morbidly afraid of this computer. Not what's on it or what it can do, per se; she's just afraid of destroying the thing.

Make a program, then start it before she gets on, which makes it pop-up an error in 5 minutes that says "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!? YOU RUINED ME! NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY $500+ TO GET ME FIXED!!!"

My dad came in the other day and asked who I was talking to, I replied "I am posting a message on a message board to a bunch of people"....."oh"

My parents really don't understand the computer, stupid thing is, my dad used to teach this kinda shit, electronics and computers, now he freaks when he doesn't understand why MSN chat doesn't load :|, the other parent is kinda out of it too, every time she see's me playing any game, as long as it has even one punching animation, even if it's a game like, damn she said it about mario once. She say's shit like: are you sure you won't go insane and kill us all?
I just laugh. I could try teaching them to understand that it's just a game and those fruitcakes that shot schools up or whatever were not driven mad by the game, but they where freaking missing several bolts from their brain to start with. It's no use, so I don't bother, heh, my own computer helps with that anyway.

bigbadgangsta said:

My Dad says "all that crap makes the computer run slow" to which I say "we have P4 with 256 mb ram, it will NOT RUN SLOW" "whatever..."

Having files on your hard drive will _not_ make your computer run slow.

IMJack said:

Heh, my dad starts talking about upgrading our system and getting a new hard drive every time Netscape starts to slow down on him.

Perhaps he should just stop using netscape instead..

Mah parents don't know what I do, don't ask, and don't give a fuck..... and that's da way I like it. I'm usually out workin, partyin, or just chillin. But, when I'm actually home, 95% of the time I'm locked in my cave (a.k.a. my room). I could be creating da next frankenstein in my mofuckin room, or fuckin mah girl, and they would have absolutely NO fuckin idea!
¦]-~

http://www.doomworld.com/linguica/5000.jpg and yes, why?

Heh..... ya rich little preppy ho! GIMME YO MONEY BOY!!!
:P

Make a program, then start it before she gets on, which makes it pop-up an error in 5 minutes that says "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!? YOU RUINED ME! NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY $500+ TO GET ME FIXED!!!"

ROFLMFGAO! I gots to remember that one! :P

If they give you too hard a time about playing on the computer say, "Ok, I will go out, is that better? Now then, what's the most I should expect to pay for beer and cocaine?"

Heh! Another classic, Fod! :)

Don't bash your parents for careing.

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!! ROFLMFGAO!!

fraggle said:

Perhaps he should just stop using netscape instead..

I tried, oh Lord how I did try. :|

my dad saw me reading a thread that talked about potential weapons for doom 3, and along with the discussion were a few pics of guns. i dont know if anyone remembers this particular thread. but anyway pops asked me if i was planning on buying a gun. i just laughed, and reasured him that i wasn't a phsyco. that was the end of it :)

gatewatcher said:

my dad saw me reading a thread that talked about potential weapons for doom 3, and along with the discussion were a few pics of guns. i dont know if anyone remembers this particular thread. but anyway pops asked me if i was planning on buying a gun. i just laughed, and reasured him that i wasn't a phsyco. that was the end of it :)

No it isn't, trust me. :) Just remember to keep your mouth shut except to demand a lawyer, and don't say or sign anything until your lawyer is in the room with you. And if the cops don't have a search warrant for your comp, tell them you don't want them to search it but don't do anything to stop them.

No it isn't, trust me. :) Just remember to keep your mouth shut except to demand a lawyer, and don't say or sign anything until your lawyer is in the room with you. And if the cops don't have a search warrant for your comp, tell them you don't want them to search it but don't do anything to stop them.

Heh.... shit like dat is common knowledge for most peeps, where I grew up at.... also be sure to scream "FUCK THE PO-LICE" as often as possible and call them dirty fuckin pigs as much as possible.... but only when they ain't around.

If it's any help. I'm a parent, and my kids have no idea what I'm doing when I'm on Doomworld.

:-P

Da_Esco² said:

also be sure to scream "FUCK THE PO-LICE" as often as possible and call them dirty fuckin pigs as much as possible.... but only when they ain't around.

Geez, is the police really that bad around where you live?
(I wouldn't be surprised if fod would argue about how fucking hard it is to be a cop)

dsm said:

(I wouldn't be surprised if fod would argue about how fucking hard it is to be a cop)

Heh, well, it is.

Read this for starts.

maonth said:

Why do people think the police is an enemy?

Well, in most cases the whole "fuck the police" thing is a brainless trend, like a sign to show you're in with the in-crowd.

However, yes, "bad cops" run rampant, and anybody who is a plan-for-the-worse / hope-for-the-best type of person has to assume, for their own safety and well-being, that every officer they come across will be the bad one. Most of the time that isn't the case, however it's an unfortunately necessary precaution.