Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Question

I'm currently making a small, simple E1M8 replacement PWAD at the moment. I want to know how you make the level end after you kill the Barons....or is this a E2M8 only thing?

Hooray for stupidity.

E1M8 doesn't end when the Barons are killed - tag 666 is activated with a floor to lowest adjacent action when the last Baron is killed.

If you want the level to END... well, you'll have to use scripting.

KDarigal said:

Hooray for stupidity.

E1M8 doesn't end when the Barons are killed - tag 666 is activated with a floor to lowest adjacent action when the last Baron is killed.

Uh, read his post.

He wants his level to end when the barons are killed...

And it's Stupidity Cannot Be Concealed...:P

Sorry if I sound all pissed off and yelling at you but I am tired and I get pissed off when I am tired...which is about 96.342345679% of the time...;)

DooMBoy said:

I'm currently making a small, simple E1M8 replacement PWAD at the moment. I want to know how you make the level end after you kill the Barons....or is this a E2M8 only thing?

The level end thing when you kill the boss appears to be only in Episodes 2, 3, and 4. In Episode 1, killing the bosses will only raise the floor.

You can do as KDarigal suggests, and use a script (which means you'll have to make the level for ZDooM).

KDarigal said:
Hooray for stupidity.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Uh, read his post.

He wants his level to end when the barons are killed...

And it's Stupidity Cannot Be Concealed...:P

Sorry if I sound all pissed off and yelling at you but I am tired and I get pissed off when I am tired...which is about 96.342345679% of the time...;)

(1) I did read the post.

(2) Everyone's been saying the level ends when the Barons die on E1M8. WRONG.

(3) "Hooray for stupidity" is much more effective. I've been reading Pokey often - http://yellow5.com/pokey/ - and there's just one thing I'd like to say now:

HOORAY

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Not everyone said E1M8 ends when you kill the barons...and it ends when you kill the cyberdemon...

That is E2M8 not E1M8. The Barons lower the floor when killed in E1M8, the Cyberdemon and the Spider Demon mind end the levels in E2M8 and E3M8 when killed. In E4M8, killing the Spider Demon lowers the floor. Sector tag 666 lowers floors when bosses (Barons) are killed in Episode 1 ONLY I belive.