Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dspopain

SRB2 - Crisis City

hey there,just wanted to show you a level that i've been working on,i call it Crisis City,a simple level inspired from Sonic Generations's Modern Crisis City,eventhough it's not too long,it's good for Single Player ....
http://im52.gulfup.com/aUbteJ.png
http://im52.gulfup.com/Z9tcj8.png
http://im52.gulfup.com/Mm8cpM.png
===========================================================================
Primary purpose : Single play
Title : Crisis City

Description : A Simple level.wad i made for SRB2 2.1,the map's
Design is Inspired from Sonic Generations's
Modern Crisis City .... it's not 100% Complete
and may have some bugs ... however i'm not
updating this wad anymore ... where R Ur Reviews

Additional Credits to : SEGA for Modern Crisis City Music :D
* What is included *

New levels : Number of levels or '1'
Sounds : No
Music : Yes
Graphics : No
Dehacked/BEX Patch : No
Demos : No
Other : The map Only works with Vanilla SRB2 2.1
Other files required : It requires a Copy of Latest Vanilla SRB2 Build
,(2.1 or Higher)

* Play Information *

Game : Sonic Robo Blast 2
Map # : Crisis City
Single Player : Player starts only
Cooperative 2-4 Player : No
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : No
Other game styles : None
Difficulty Settings : Not implemented

* Construction *
Build Time : 1 Day and Half
Editor(s) used : SRB2 Doombuilder - Slade
Known Bugs : Some areas are a bit ligheter then others,enable
Software fog in OpenGL Mode for a better view
May Not Run With... : it'll not work with any Source Port,you need to
download SRB2 ,srb2.org

* Where to get the file that this text file describes *

The Usual: ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/ and mirrors
Web sites: http://dc225.gulfup.com/yLrH31.zip?gu=zGB92TxYazyCyeDU9OTtwg&e=1414072782&n=66696c656e616d652a3d5554462d38272773635f437269736973436974792e7a6970
Notes :
* Level is designed for Sonic (Main character)
* May have some Bugs like : Missing Textures,Bad lighting for some Sectors
* Desgined with a 3D Skybox and few 3D Floors

Doomkid said:

Those screenshots look quite nice honestly, it's not too often you see a map for SRB2.

That's because they're typically posted on our message board dedicated to the game, not Doomworld.

Although, the releases section there has fairly strict submissions criteria... Helps weed out the sub-1994-level custom maps being made for it.

Shadow Hog said:

That's because they're typically posted on our message board dedicated to the game, not Doomworld.

Although, the releases section there has fairly strict submissions criteria... Helps weed out the sub-1994-level custom maps being made for it.

You don't have to worry about this ,that's my 2ND (And last) Level for this game anyway ....

Shadow Hog said:

Wow, I had no idea there was a forum for it, I figured it would be a very niche thing.

foufou74 said:

You don't have to worry about this ,that's my 2ND (And last) Level for this game anyway ....

You shold move to Doom mapping! I think you'll enjoy it far more as the community is very active.

Doomkid said:

Wow, I had no idea there was a forum for it, I figured it would be a very niche thing.

You shold move to Doom mapping! I think you'll enjoy it far more as the community is very active.

Will do,after i learned about 3D Floors it wouldn't be that Hard,i may Start with a Simple (Classic Style) DM Level Pack ....

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Check out Features of Doom Legacy engine,to see that it Already Supports 3D Floors

Sorry, I think I was a bit unclear - I meant to say that a map made for Doom Legacy with 3D floors will also run in Zandronum (Zandronum supports most Legacy maps, in other words) where as ZDoom, Zdaemon etc. won't work with Legacy-style 3D floors :)

Doomkid said:

Sorry, I think I was a bit unclear - I meant to say that a map made for Doom Legacy with 3D floors will also run in Zandronum (Zandronum supports most Legacy maps, in other words) where as ZDoom, Zdaemon etc. won't work with Legacy-style 3D floors :)

Hmm .. Maybe i'll give it a try and see if it'll work ,Though slopes aren't Working there ...

Doom Legacy doesn't support slopes. Zandronum is basically backwards compatible with Legacy, but Legacy isn't compatible with most Zandronum/Zdoom wads. It's a one way street so to speak.

You can make a wad for Legacy and it will work in Zandronum, but if you make a map for Zandronum, it probably won't work in Legacy.