Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

Raymoohawk's sprite edits

I also prefer the blue. I also like your original death frames to the new ones.

Guest Unregistered account

Yup, and it gives it a distinctive look.

had a wacky of topic idea how about getting in contact with jimmy to see if hed let us use stuff from adventures of square to replace the wolfenstein stuff?

Nah I don't think that'd be a good idea. The art style clash between Wolf 3D and Doom is a lot lesser than between Freedoom and Square.

If you want to use another ZDoom fanmade game as the easter egg enemy, using a resized and cleaned up chaingunner from Harmony would make as much sense and probably fit better.

Here is a WAD with the new Caco sprites in. It looks really great, but I think the death animation needs more work. Part of it is certainly that the sprite offsets are screwed up (I've tried to tweak them but it still looks weird). But I think the corpse sprite in particular needs to be changed.

The sprite has a large vertical difference between the bottom of the sprite and the bottom of the corpse (about 35 pixels). This gives some weird perspective effects where the eye part looks like it's sticking into the floor as you move around. Changing the vertical offset to be higher doesn't help, because if you do that, the main body part looks like it's levitating.

Thanks. It just needs tweaking to be more "flat". You probably just need to move the eye up slightly.

The effect can be seen in the screenshot but it's much more obvious in-game.

Corpses are the most important sprite frame. Whatever you plan on doing, I hope it is also has less height. Piles and piles of corpses block player view.

i made a tread at opengameart to see if we could put the sprites over there. some issues turned up

here is the thread

http://opengameart.org/forumtopic/bringing-freedoom-art-assests-to-opengameartorg#comment-32472

since one of the goals is to have a pool of assets that game makers can use i thought it made sense to put the stuff over there since its one of the big places for open art, but they seem unhappy about the license. what do you guys think?

Regarding what someone mentioned earlier regarding coloured blood mini-mods, would it make sense to swap the red and blue shades on the not-a-Cacodemon?

Here's a shit proof-of-concept to show what I mean:

Whatever color you make the horns, I'd say they need a bit more contrast in general.

I like the blue horns, they go well with the creature's yellow eye. But the red version w/ blue blood has much better technical use. Maybe you could combine it somehow. Like, make it blue at the base, and then transition to red towards the tips.

I dunno, I guess experimentation is in order.

I really like your work man! Looking like some distinctive alien-bug-amphibians. I really like the poses on the zombiemen also, they don't look like the marching Doom variety, these guys look like they're dragging and have been marauding the maps for ages. Really nice work again. And I think the more contrast between the monsters, the better.