Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

The id Software NeXT machines have resurfaced. This isn't the only thing that's been found recently, but I don't know if I am allowed to talk about any of it publicly :V I'd wait and see, because there's a chance some of it (maybe even including DoomEd) will get released officially.

mrthejoshmon said:

What? Please fill me in about those.

The Doomguy and Zombies only have 5 angles used for 8 rotations. Three of the rotations are mirrored, resulting in funky side-effects such as the way they hold the rifle/shotgun flipping from left-handed to right-handed. The full rotations were being implemented at some point, but in order to save space and/or time during development they were cut down.

BaronOfStuff said:

The Doomguy and Zombies only have 5 angles used for 8 rotations. Three of the rotations are mirrored, resulting in funky side-effects such as the way they hold the rifle/shotgun flipping from left-handed to right-handed. The full rotations were being implemented at some point, but in order to save space and/or time during development they were cut down.

Alright, I get it now.

I never really noticed that before because I'm always too busy running around killing things but now I can't help but notice it, id got a little lazy there I see.

Eventually you do manage to 'un-notice' it again when playing. I wouldn't say they were necessarily lazy, just saving time on details that hardly anyone would have noticed (as it doesn't hinder gameplay).

You said yourself that you didn't even realise until now ;)

Xmas wad I'll probably release soon. Better not end up like SomeMap.

I know it doesn't have much detail, but I just got started.

Oh! Now it's below 200 KB. Picky Picky!

Interesting picture from the next workstation. It makes me wonder how passionate they had to be to make
their dream game while using such horrible looking user interfaces.... (°_°)'

omegalore;
that building looks mighty fine, very convincing for the old 2.5d engine.

Looks alright, although I'd have a bit more variation in those background walls: they look kind of boring as they are.

ducon said:

The NeXT screenshot really looks like a WindowMaker screenshot.

It's more like a WindowMaker screenshot really looks like a NeXT screenshot. :p

WindowMaker site said:

In every way possible, it reproduces the elegant look and feel of the NEXTSTEP user interface.

Case in point!

Quite like the first shot Joe, the simple but interesting pillar makes it. Some of the repeating textures and the transition to zimmer need work though.

The second shot looks too square, especially the unnatural looking river.

joe-ilya said:

http://i.imgur.com/vDgliX8.png

If it was a game to entitle the picture, I'd name it "Aaaand, you're f*cked." :D

Six said:

Still a work in progress.

[img]

Better compared to mine. I need to learn how to detail better for urban maps. Even though mine will be for classic DOOM.

Isn't there a better screenshot from the map you could show? Apart from the fact that it's a size of a postage stamp, there's not much to show in that shot and everything is obscured by that red pain fog. (The gun is cool-looking at least.)

18th map of my upcoming Vanilla Doom megaWAD. Didn't get any proper replies to it in the previous thread, so I'm asking for them again.

I call this map "Ode to November" btw and was inspired by the E2M1 music of 2002: A Doom Odyessy.