Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Cacowards 2014 nomination thread

lusan said:

I will nominate DemonSteele, GMOTA, Prodoomer and Ultimate Doom 64 as the best gameplay mods of this year (an outstanding year for mods).
The Best WAD is BTSX2 for me...

Where did you find ultimate doom 64, and is there a thread anywhere about this?

I doubt they need the help, but I'd feel remiss if I didn't put my two cents in and nominate Going Down, The Adventures of Square and Countdown to Extinction.

It's not quite complete yet, but I have to recommend ARCHIE as a jokewad.

I don't "get it", though. And it unfortunately doesn't look as cool as the preview movie makes it appear to be.

Egregor said:

I'm confident Tango will be able to finish * before *

LOL

frithiof said:

It's not quite complete yet, but I have to recommend ARCHIE as a jokewad.

I don't "get it", though. And it unfortunately doesn't look as cool as the preview movie makes it appear to be.

Oh how about that, I was going to mention Archie also. I would say it does up to this point unseen things with the doom engine, both in its effects and the character it conducts itself with. I can verify that it is both gettable and winnable, or at least concludable. It should not be ignored, whatever it is.

+1 for Laundry 2 for best jokewad.

Played yesterday and it was really funny to play, also it was a very funny way to mock up the "creepypastas/creepy games" genre...

also +1 for DemonSteele

Nominating Countdown to Extinction. It's concentrated fun - haven't had a wad experience that clean in a while.

Also nominating Doom: The Golden Souls. It has a unique atmosphere and plays super smoothly. I'm loving it.

+1 Push, DemonSteele, Resurgence and The Adventures of Square, since those are the things I've played this year

Mouldy for MOTY. Pretty much every single piece of work he's put forward to the Doom community has been excellent and he deserves recognition for that.

Obsidian said:

Mouldy for MOTY. Pretty much every single piece of work he's put forward to the Doom community has been excellent and he deserves recognition for that.

+1

Bauhaus is pretty cool.

Fifty shades of Graytall definitely deserve a mention, even if not an award.

I really feel PRODOOMER deserves a "first" place Cacoward

TRAILER

* awesome replay value (hidden rings system + 100% level complete necessity)
* awesome gameplay
* the best bestiary
* multiple habilities
* huge weapons updgrader
* addictive as HELL as you progress.

See for yourself

Bauhaus looks very cool but I keep being disappointed that it bears no relation to the band. :p