Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom II Guy

Help with ZDOOM Script

Okay, this is what my script says (note, I did not make it, I got it as an example off a site)

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 (void)
{
print(s:"Hi! This is my map and it rocks!");
}
EDIT: I got rid of my question, I figured it out.

Damn my innability to be ably to make a working switch. I did get the script to work though. When I hit the switch I guess that text is supposed to pop up. Anyone up for helping me figure out how to work a switch?

Making a guess....is your switch line set properly for player "using" vs. "walking over" or something else? Is it set to be repeatable? Then, is the switch set to active script one?

Biffy said:

Making a guess....is your switch line set properly for player "using" vs. "walking over" or something else? Is it set to be repeatable? Then, is the switch set to active script one?

It's set for "When Player Crosses Line". I have no clue how to set it to be repeatable...and lastly it is set to script one. Maybe I can send it to you and you can have a look?
EDIT: I see the repeat button now, what difference will that make?

Hmmm, DeePsea has its own script compiler, I don't know anything about DeScriptEd. I now wonder if your script is being compiled as a "behavior" resource. I'll know after seeing your wad.

I did have to do something in DeePsea with "behavior", man I'm terrible at this! Anyway, I just sent it, thanks for the help.

Deathman, his mistake was in not having the right flags for his switch line. It's an impassible line on the wall and needed to be "use" vs. "walk over". His script works and was compiled OK and in the wad.

"Your script is complied correctly and was correctly installed in the wad as "behavior". The text (human readable) data of your script is not in the wad. There is a "scripts" entry, but it is empty. It's not needed to make the wad work, the behavior lump does that, but if in the future someone needs to check your script, you should also insert it. DeePsea will let you load your script text file...give it the name "scripts"."
Ummm...whoops. Anyway, how do I load it in? Thanks for the help though, any idea how to make the script text BIGGER?