Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Memfis said:

I'm especially curious what are these letters on the bottom right from.

Looks like the DB2 bitmap font texture:

Lol no idea, it happens sometimes when I Alt+Tab from some fullscreen application back to the editor. It just displays some random garbage. As soon as I do something with it, it goes back to normal.

Memfis said:

Lol no idea, it happens sometimes when I Alt+Tab from some fullscreen application back to the editor. It just displays some random garbage. As soon as I do something with it, it goes back to normal.

When I do this, my Doom Builder 2 just draws all floors as pitch black (instead of displaying floor texture). And yes, as soon as I do anything, it corrects itself.

Been extremely frustrated with mapping lately, mostly due to being a noob, so it feels good to finally be able to consistently create areas that I like (as opposed to merely tolerate). :)

Mouldy, that's nice stuff -- I especially like the use of the FIREMAG texture, which I thought was condemned to being fancy animated wallpaper.

Screenshot from Zenith Zucchini
http://i.imgur.com/oRPYVwX.png
This map was supposed to be another single player map aimed at being pretty much 100% run & gun with ledges for the player to run through from one side of the map to the other, granting lots of directions of movement and a bit of doom parkour in a sense. In the state it is now I've decided it would probably work alot better as a deathmatch map. Planning to just keep it as just spare ideas and maybe finish this one to actually release as a deathmatch map.
http://i.imgur.com/2FCIC6T.png
http://i.imgur.com/2yPY28E.png
http://i.imgur.com/6K494tr.png

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Screenshot from Zenith Zucchini
This map was supposed to be another single player map aimed at being pretty much 100% run & gun with ledges for the player to run through from one side of the map to the other, granting lots of directions of movement and a bit of doom parkour in a sense. In the state it is now I've decided it would probably work alot better as a deathmatch map. Planning to just keep it as just spare ideas and maybe finish this one to actually release as a deathmatch map.

I'm seeing excessive amounts of texture mixing in this, in future maps, try and keep things visually consistent.

AD_79 said:

I'm seeing excessive amounts of texture mixing in this, in future maps, try and keep things visually consistent.

I think its intentional. Like he's trying to use every single texture in one map. If it has good gameplay I won't even care if its garish.

@rdwpa: Looks good, the areas could use more texture and light variation, but they're OK.

@SuperCupcakeTactics: I like your crazy stuff, as I've told you in your threads - great variety and vividness, never boring.

@tourniquet: Pretty awesome sight.

tourniquet said:

i guess i got carried away once again...

Wow, thats quite crazy, somehow horrible and beautiful at the same time

Memfis said:

Yeah, I think all maps by Cupcake look like that. Very interesting and funny design.

Agreed. It's like an amusement park where textures are the rides. I feel like running around in that last screenshot.

rdwpa linked:
Pictures.

I'd say that the second image looks best of those three. The enviroment has a sterile, somewhat hospital-like look. A laboratory, perhaps?

@BlackFish: IMO, the 3D floor needs a different texture. Something more firm looking, preferably metallic, to better resemble a human-made bridge.