Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fraggle

Project name

..because the names are in the source code not the IWAD (i.e. a GPLed portion) and we have no control of them with the current scope of our project.

Jon said:

..because the names are in the source code not the IWAD (i.e. a GPLed portion) and we have no control of them with the current scope of our project.

boom allows dehacked lump in iwad to respecifiy names

How about:

Frewad (derivative from "Free IWAD", sorta)
Foom!! (as in, the sound of an explosion underwater...nah, that would be for a sub simulator)
Mars Siege (I dunno...)
Attack of the Demons (hey, if Star Wars could do it, so can we)
Despayre (I like it.)
Death
Apocolypse

boom allows dehacked lump in iwad to respecifiy names

Isn't the sole purpose of FreeDOOM to work with ANY Doom source port? If you're using a DEH lump, that would pretty much eliminate most compatibility with EDGE and Doomsday, as well as any other port that doesn't support DEH lumps.

Well we could use graceful degredation.. basically if other ports skip over the lump they don't understand, and the patch isn't essential to play (i.e. it just changes names) then we could use it.

Since we are using boom features in levels and thus the wad can only be played in boom compatible ports anyway (well the levels at least) I don't think its that much of a problem.

WildWeasel said:

Isn't the sole purpose of FreeDOOM to work with ANY Doom source port? If you're using a DEH lump, that would pretty much eliminate most compatibility with EDGE and Doomsday, as well as any other port that doesn't support DEH lumps.

I remember reading somewhere that we would be allowed to use anything and everything that is BOOM compatible???? I hope so anyway, my level (whats done so far anyway) has boom stufzorz in it.

Heh.

You could call it Despair or something.

I dunno if they'd bother Despayre tho, given that it only shows up like 2 or 3 times in non-SW-movie-material, and not once in the films or movie novelizations.

I don't think it's in the scope of the project to replace strings in the source code.

HTH HAND.