Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

I pressed the "random file" button on /idgames and got a wad where you fight some creepy flying heads that shoot missiles saying "you're fired".

Eris Falling said:

I misread that WAD title as "Stunning Cunts" :/

That's how you're supposed to read it.

Small speedmap I made about a week ago, which I decided to convert to MAP21 of my mapset.

Why yes I am making progress on that :o

SlashBane said:

Are those buildings in your first chex quest picture joe using some sort of fried chicken wallpaper?

Ask digital cafe. :P

@AD_79: Looks nice! The ceiling lava actually works well, I think, as a convincing light source. Alignment of green marble is iffy at times, but I guess the area is incomplete.

Guest Unregistered account

I may be a little late, but I think everyone should stop bashing Joe for the HUD he uses. He cleared up the building in the second shot, but didn't use the Chex Quest HUD and now everyone is erupting.

Besides, most of the Chex Quest textures don't tile well and we could do with more CQ maps.

Delicious brightmaps in Doom Retro. And delicious blood. And widescreen.

Map 15 from Doom 2 Reloaded.

The crannies everywhere make the scene look busy, but nevertheless, I like it! Nice.

It may look better with low lighting + lighting variation.

Well... This is the map I was working on before starting my current project

@gaspe: Impressive! Looks good, polychromatic, and each of the areas has something interesting in it, that's generally good for level design.

dobu gabu maru said:

Hey you guys like CRACKLE?

That looks pretty amazing. I expect to be ambushed by chaingunners, revenants and lots of arch-viles. That place looks painful.

Same theme, different (WIP) map, bigger shots because "detail" (which I should stop with, I'm at 115 visplanes in spots and how many segs).

EDIT: Looking at it now, those wood bars near the YK need to be lowered.

AD_79 said:

Same theme, different (WIP) map, bigger shots because "detail" (which I should stop with, I'm at 115 visplanes in spots and how many segs).

Uniform ceiling height looks kind of underwhelming in outdoor areas, and it's well noticeable it your screenshots, but I understand DRAWSEG limits. The theme looks pretty great at first sight - admittedly, at second sight, I've noticed it has a strange-looking mess of textures from multiple unrelated themes. Still, good sights.

I agree with scifista about the heights and also the lines with natural rock textures are flat, but you've got decent mileage out of your VPO count so I wouldn't be worried. Maybe some of the wooden pillars could be traded out for some more planes to play with but it's looking pretty good regardless.

AD_79 said:

The only critique I would offer is that in both there is a strip of green lights, and to my eye that green adds one too many colors into the scene. There are already blue lights and red lights, as well as yellows from the key and the lava, and the usual assortment of browns, so green strikes me as one too many colors.. Otherwise, looks awesome, ceiling heights notwithstanding. :)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

The only critique I would offer is that in both there is a strip of green lights, and to my eye that green adds one too many colors into the scene. There are already blue lights and red lights, as well as yellows from the key and the lava, and the usual assortment of browns, so green strikes me as one too many colors.. Otherwise, looks awesome, ceiling heights notwithstanding. :)

But the marble is green too so I don't see much of a problem with it really.