Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

NOVA II - Ver. 1.2 on /idgames (now with no missing keycards!)

GregLafitte said:

Hey I would be glad to contribute to this project I will try to make a map for this.

If there is any free spots left of course.

No new spots open as of yet unfortunately, but I'll keep you in mind if we have a little bit more room. It's doubtful, however.

I eagerly await this project's completion, now it's just down to the straggling authors to make due on their reservations. Then the pretties.

Jaxxoon R said:

I eagerly await this project's completion, now it's just down to the straggling authors to make due on their reservations. Then the pretties.

The final product will definitely be cool to see, I agree.

Also I should probably seriously start map21, I got a couple ideas for it and I'm curious if I can make them work. To make them actually happen is another thing, I might end up speedmapping tomorrow to get the creative juices flowing.

Also because speedmapping is fun.

I wonder if MAP32 will use the Hierophant. :D It's a shame I couldn't make a map for this, but I'm glad I helped out in some way.

There are actually several hierophant's in map 29 and 32 but only acting behind the scenes related to some switch/keendeath sequences.
I've considered to use them for a encounter in map 32 but scrapped the idea for the sake of not spoiling the final boss before map 30.

WIP (speedmapped, this is literally 1 hour 40 minutes of work) layout for MAP21 in case a MAP21 is needed.

Couple in-game shots, I think it looks alright. (Note, the sky is there just so I don't have to look at the default Doom 2 sky)

Sky height issues will be addressed!

Looks great, AD_79! I really like the theme, the vivid reds and oranges stand out well and it looks like a menacing place. :)

dobu gabu maru said:

What sky is that? I feel like it could make a really good E3 sky for us

It's one of IMX's skies from this post.

Yeah sky looks great, though personally i'd prefer the one with less stars and more red clouds.
Also sweet shots AD, keep it up.

tourniquet said:

Yeah sky looks great, though personally i'd prefer the one with less stars and more red clouds.

This one, perhaps?

Alrighty, here is version 1 of (possible) MAP21, Red Gas Circle, tested in PRBoom+v2.5.1.3cl2.

THINGS I NEED TO DO:

-remove unused textures
-rename existing textures to start with AD_
-fix balance and placement issues
-fix whatever else needs fixing
-clean up automap
-difficulty settings

AD_79 said:

Alrighty, here is version 1 of (possible) MAP21, Red Gas Circle, tested in PRBoom+v2.5.1.3cl2.

Nice short map, here's a demo of me playing it
http://www.mediafire.com/download/368fri7kgxab1fm/redgascircle-mouldy.lmp

It might be a bit tedious to watch at first because i'm just dying over and over again from random revenant missiles thanks to not having any armour. With this much stuff shooting at you and very limited health/ammo i'd be tempted to give the green armour sooner, but then it is quite a short map so maybe that would make things too easy. Something to consider for lower difficulties maybe.

mouldy said:

Nice short map, here's a demo of me playing it
http://www.mediafire.com/download/368fri7kgxab1fm/redgascircle-mouldy.lmp

It might be a bit tedious to watch at first because i'm just dying over and over again from random revenant missiles thanks to not having any armour. With this much stuff shooting at you and very limited health/ammo i'd be tempted to give the green armour sooner, but then it is quite a short map so maybe that would make things too easy. Something to consider for lower difficulties maybe.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely remember to soften it up on the easier difficulties when I get to adding skill settings (though I'll likely keep it the way it is on UV minus a couple cacos).

Version 2 is up! Now includes:

-cleaner automap
-renamed textures
-difficulty settings (HNTR is quite gentle, HMP is less so but still kind of easy, UV is what v1 was but with a couple changes: a few enemies removed, others have been changed, and not necessarily to be easier)

AD - This map wasn't too difficult to me, though you do need to push forward quite often, I think this map plays well and is well balanced. I didn't find the secret until the end when I checked the automap.

cannonball said:

though you do need to push forward quite often

Haha, that's the idea, aggressive play is a play style I enjoy greatly and try to encourage in my maps.

I'm glad people are liking the map.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been dealing with a lot of real life nonsense that's stopped me from doing any mapping (or any stuff I want to do in general, in fact), just dropping by to let y'all know that I still want to get my stupid ass map up and running for the project. Many apologies if things have come to a grinding halt on my behalf!

an_mutt said:

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been dealing with a lot of real life nonsense that's stopped me from doing any mapping (or any stuff I want to do in general, in fact), just dropping by to let y'all know that I still want to get my stupid ass map up and running for the project. Many apologies if things have come to a grinding halt on my behalf!

No worries, you still have time to get it done.

Not bad, I'm considering making one more map but I feel like I should let someone else do so, as there really isn't much room and I already have 2 (and a part of one) maps.

Alright, so since Fuzzyfireball and EvilNed haven't responded to my PMs, I suppose we'll pass the torch on. AD_79's most recent map will take one of those slots, and as I stated before, having another U.O.D. map would be pretty neat if he's still up for it (having it be hell-oriented would be ideal). Other than that, what we're waiting on is:

- An_mutt's map
- Aldbar's map
- MajorRawne's map
- Pinchy's MAP32 portion
- 7hm's revised MAP07

By the end of the month, if we haven't received any of these in a semi-finished state, these slots will be given to more active participants in the thread. Good luck to everyone involved.

If possible, I'd like my map to be early in E3. Maybe slots could get shuffled around a bit later on?