Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealth Frag

High resolution sprites

Krispy said:
I think his expression should look less intense and more exasperated. That's what I see in the original sprites, anyway. [/B]

His eyes are also bloodshot as well, which is something I don't see here either.

Tell me which version looks better (look at his hair):

I used two different background colors, so that you can better see the difference. Besides background this two images (upper and lower) are the same.

For me, definitively the more hairy version. The "skinhead" version just makes him appear like he has an actual rectangular, boxy head, and it looks weird when you try rendering it from different angles and with different levels of "messed up hair". With more hair, he now has some volume to break the "boxiness" and gives you more room to be creative with his hair style.

Reinchard said:

Tell me which version looks better (look at his hair):

I used two different background colors, so that you can better see the difference. Besides background this two images (upper and lower) are the same.

More hair! Looks more human while still keeping with the theme.

Last time I have vein for making Imp (I totally redesign my old model) so I took I little break from head model.
There is a lot more to do with it, but here is how it look on that moment. Teeth don't have material and there are some bugs here and there - this is still wip.

Maybe it's a little late to mention this, but I think the head looks slightly too caved-in. That being said, wow. The skin looks excellent. I would recommend making the bases of the horns look something like this:

But then again it's your project and I think you have a great artistic style.

Oh you know, I just figured out the final piece of the puzzle. Like how Hell Nobles are horse-pig-goat people, the imps are rhino people.

Crazy.

Anyways, about the model itself. Like Krispy said, give him a little more of a braincase to match the original a bit better. And yeah, you've got the skin down pat alright.

He looks like a walking callous! Just like they probably would be.

Reinchard said:

So damn good.

I'd love to see these applied to a lower poly head model, and have it gently move around in the hud. That way it can turn to face enemies and have a bit more subtle movement.