Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da_Esco²

Doomers who like da original Transformers: peep dis.....

Aight ya'll I got the new toyfare magazine..... it has prices for not only the american transformers, but japanese and european at well..... however it doesn't have da very rare transformers from south america... like the blue or green cliffjumper's, the white or orange bumblebee's, etc. Now dat was dissapointin'!

The pvc series from japan is also listed, and the american version (Heroes of cybertron) is confirmed to be released in the US some time soon (near the end of summer I'm guessin), as are the re-release of the american toys (also in the summer, and near holidays). If these first lines do good, da peeps at Hasbro are plannin to release even more......... so buy em when you see them............ OR ELSE!!!!!!!! :P

They are also plannin on releasin new comic series', includin an 8 issue mini-series about the history of cybertron. The new transformers armada figures are also gonna have mini-comics, like He-man figures used to have back in da day!

Does anyone know if they are planning on repeating Transformers right the way back from G1 in the UK (cos I wanna see the whole of the first series at lease)? Also, any UK bums know if the Spider-Man series is gonna be repeated again these Summer holidays (cos it usually is)?

Matt: I don't know anythin about what they are gonna be playin in da UK dawg sorry.

As for all of ya'll RID fans, all Target stores nationwide are having a HUGE clearance sale on all Robots In disguise transformers.

The $5 figures are going for $3.84.
The $10 figures are goiing for $6.90
The $15 Figures are selling for $10.30
The $20 figures are selling for $13.90

I actually got the target exclusive piece named CRYOTEK (a blue version of the transmetals 2 megatron red dragon) for less than $15!!!! If ya'll peeps are into RID transformers, go to target and clean them mofuckas out while you can! The Transformers armada series is set to release in august, so RID will be dissappearing VERY soon!

Toys R Us, is also selling the TRU exclusive RID version of Optimus Primal! Get him while you can... they will also be da only ones with the G1 rereleases!

The G1 Ultra Magnus and Rodimus Prime are set to release on august 15. The G1 Optimus prime is going to be released in september.

MaTT [TiK] said:
What's Invader Zim about?

Heh...yay, now gather round chillums. I'm pretty much just going to go over the first episode, where most everything is explained.

You see, theres this alien race, the Irkan empire, and their goal is total galactic domination. They base their leadership off of height. The taller you are, the better. Their leaders are the almighty tallest, who, in the beginning of the first episode, are holding this big meeting on the planet Conventia to assign their Invaders to different planets for conquest in what they call Operation Impending Doom 2. An Invader's job is to find the weaknesses of a planet and exploit it so they can take it over more quickly.

So they hand out assignments for each of the invaders, and just as they are wrapping things up, this guy Zim shows up, who is like the shortest Irkan in the entire Irkan Army, but has a megalomaniacal streak 100 miles long. He claims his invitation to the meeting never arrived, but the Almighty Tallest tell him that he was never invited and he should still be in exile on the planet Food Courtia for screwing up Operation Impending Doom 1 by creating mass destruction before even leaving their home world.

But Zim is persistant and finaly, just to get them out of the way of their operation, they give him a phony assignment on an unimportant planet far on the other side of the galaxy: planet Earth. The Tallest hand out Standard-issue Information Retrieval units (aka SIRs) to all the Invaders. SIRs are little robots that will assist their master any many ways and be very useful for many things. The Tallest don't want to waste their resorces on Zim, so they give him a thrown together robot who calls himself GIR (but no one knows what the G stands for). Gir is half-mad and very stupid, but the Tallest convince Zim that that is just a design feature to fool the enemy.

Anyway, Zim and Gir head off to Earth and set up their base there, which they disguise as a house. Zim then creates some half-assed disguised for Gir and himself. He disguises himself as a boy, though its obvious from his green skin and lack of ears that he is an alien, and he disguises Gir as a dog (but neither does it look very convincing, nor does he act the part). Fortunately for him, humans are too stupid and close-minded to realise this. The only one who recognises this is a boy named Dib, but no one believes him because he's always going on about bigfoot, and chupacabras, and government conspiracies.

And so hilarity ensues...its a very off-the-wall series with a lot of dark humor. It's created by Johnen Vasquez, the creator of the comic books 'Johnny the Homicidal Maniac' and 'Squee'. If you know anything about these, you'd think it very odd that Nickelodean would ever think about airing the show. :P I reccomend you download the first episode, 'The Nightmare Begins' off Kazaa or something if you want to get into the series.

Ah cool. I'll definitely search for it on KaZaA, but when I did that for Transformers, Turtles and Spider-Man, I couldn't find them. I've never found any video files on KaZaA, just music, images and software. Elbryan, please make your videos downloadable again soon.

By the way, over in America, and other countries, was the Turtles cartoon actually called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Cos, here in England, the films were called that, but the cartoon was called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

It IS known as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles here in da states dawg. Although I have NO idea why they changed the name to Hero Turtles in the UK.

OH and before I forget..... there is also a New thundercats comic series set to be released by wildstorm comics this august. The first will be a 5-part mini-series dat picked up exactly where da show left off. The second mini-series will debut later in the year, and takes place several years after the first one.... in the second series Mumm-ra has defeated the thundercats, with Lion-O bein the only free one left, and being hellbent on freein' his fellow cats from Mumm-ra's evil clutches.

In the second series, several characters are set to die, and several things are set to change as well.... ain't dat some shit.

MaTT [TiK] said:
Ah cool. I'll definitely search for it on KaZaA, but when I did that for Transformers, Turtles and Spider-Man, I couldn't find them. I've never found any video files on KaZaA, just music, images and software.

Zim is pretty easy to find on Kazaa. I have about 80% of the episodes, all downloaded from Kazaa. I can't garauntee quality, but they will dowload faster as long as there are people with the episode you're looking for.

Da_Esco² said:

In the second series, several characters are set to die, and several things are set to change as well.... ain't dat some shit.

Isn't Thundercats meant for kids? They can't kill off the characters. Damnit, I used to watch it all the time but I can't remember any of the names except Lion-O, and I can't remember what the hell it was all about. It's a shame I grew out of these things so early, I wish there were other people in my town that I could still talk about them with.

the_Danarchist said:

Zim is pretty easy to find on Kazaa. I have about 80% of the episodes, all downloaded from Kazaa. I can't garauntee quality, but they will dowload faster as long as there are people with the episode you're looking for.

Oh good, thanks, I'll look later and probably leave some downloading overnight like I do with games.

Thundercats was about a bunch of heroic warrior cats who left there home planet of thundara when it was blown da fuck up. They ended up crash landing on an alternate where the evil Mumm-ra wanted to rule and control the planet.

The characters name that I know are:

Lion-O- leader of the thunder cats. Used the sword of omens.
Mumm-Ra: mummified villain, who could transform into a much more powerful monster.
Mutants: servants who fear mumm-ra and do his bidding. Their exact names elude mah ass about now.
Cheetara: female thundercat and the fastest one, used a bo staff.
Pumyra: another female thundercat and skilled martial artist.
Wilykit and Wilykat: twins; juvenile thundercats. se different types of ball bombs as weapons, which have different effects, like gas, explosions, etc.
Snarf: intelligent "pet" of the thundercats. A creature that is scared of just about everything bad that happens.
Jaga: Lion-O's mentor and teacher, who has passed away, and assist the thundercats in spirit.
Panthro: thundercat mechanic... uses a mace, and pilots the thundertank.
Lynx-O: thundercat warrior, uses a bollo whip.
Ben-Gali: younger brother of Lynx-O, they look very much alike.
Ratar-O: thundercat who was blinded when leaveing thundara by flames... an older, wiser thundercat (think of fodders.... but without eyes, HEH!)
The Beserkers: powerful, seafairing villains... but low in intelligence. Posses different weapons such as iron gloves, and battering rams.

........... I may have mixed up one or two of the thundercats names'.... it's been a long time since I thought of da names but fuck it.

Heh, cool, I might try and get some episodes of that as well. I'll probably remember a lot more when I see it. It's obviously not as much for kids as I thought.