Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

they call it sand fish

ever seen a fish? ever see a fish swim? ever seen sand? ever see a fish swim in sand? well such a creature does exsist! and i got one. to tell you the truth it is only a fish by name and the name is wrong too. it is a small desert dwelling lizard that 'swims' in sand. its real name is shovel headed skink( head looks like a shovel) and it moves quickly when under the sand. one of the most humorus animals next to a ferret.

hey ever seen white crikets? well did those too. looks bizzar. i dusted them with calcium.

Feeding coffee to crickets extends their life span by a factor of six. It's true. I did it for my science fair project back in 7th grade. Got me the silver medal and a serious warning from the animal rights people.

wh...! animal rights now protect crickets! anyway i have known about that. there is also something that makes them live 10x longer, i see it at pet stores. i use that stuff cause it loads them with vitamins and calcium. plus it makes them breed faster. hell they may become geneticaly unstable but they are only going to be food

Ever seen a black and white bee? I have seen them mofuckas once in Florida.... it looked just like a normal honeybee, but was slightly smaller and was black and white in color instead of orange and yellow..... it looked really tight to me! I haven't seen another one since though........... it sure was a unique lookin bug though.

Da_Esco² said:

Ever seen a black and white bee? I have seen them mofuckas once in Florida.... it looked just like a normal honeybee, but was slightly smaller and was black and white in color instead of orange and yellow..... it looked really tight to me! I haven't seen another one since though........... it sure was a unique lookin bug though.

prehaps Mr. esco was so stoned, he went color blind for a while.

footman said:

I actually belive him

Da_Esco² said:

Ever seen a black and white bee?

Bald-faced hornets are black with white markings, did it look like this?

yes esco has seen something real. i see those every once and a while. however they are hornets. also honey bees are kind of a threatened species. a mite has been killing of honey bees in the states. most people mistake a type of wasp for bees. just because it is yellow and black dont make it a bee. so here is a hint. bees are often fater and they are hariy. bees also have a yellow pocket on their back legs( its pollen). wasps are smooth hairless and sleak looking.

PS you should see the sand fish eat, reminds me of the sand wroms from dune

Perhaps Mr. Footman has a deathwish?
:P

Bald-faced hornets are black with white markings, did it look like this?

Fodders: dat looks a LOT Like it dawg! Except that it was a little larger and shaped like a honeybee, EXACTLY. I know da difference between a wasp, a honeybee, a bumblebee, a hornet clearwing (a type of moth), etc. I used to read a lot of shit about insects and animals, but I COULD be mistaken.

Da one I saw, looked just like a normal honeybee..... maybe it was some kind of color mutation. Except where the orange markings would be, they were white. It also had "bee shaped" wings, and da abdomen and thorax connection was different and fatter.

I have also seen a bright lime green oriental cockroach which lived in mah house for quite some time... I'm not sure what da fuck was up with it, or if it was poisened or some shit.
**shrugs**

........... and NO!! I was not stoned you fuckin fairies!!!

I was once outside a cinema in Singapore waiting in line, when a *huge* cockroach walked (sauntered really) past, I stepped on it, I swear it shook itself off, shrugged, and carried on walking!

fodders said:

I was once outside a cinema in Singapore waiting in line, when a *huge* cockroach walked (sauntered really) past, I stepped on it, I swear it shook itself off, shrugged, and carried on walking!

I threw one out of the Hard Rock café in New York.

I told them I didn't expect a bill, and I didn't get one :|

pritch said:

Then you paid the cockroach off behind the theater next door...

Dude, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought he was talking about sand trout a la the Dune series.

I have no idea what it's called, but there are these Beatles is some part of the Middle East that live in roofs of houses. While your asleep, they drop on to your face and bite the tissue under your eye. It's supposed to sting for a while, but goes away. However, ten years later you die of a hart attack.

Da_Esco² said:
Perhaps Mr. Footman has a deathwish?
I was not stoned you fuckin fairies!!!

Ummm... since when were you ever defencive about being stoned Esco?

............... and you've never seen dat before? You obviously ain't ever lived in NYC dawg! I've stomped some of them medium sized german cockroaches 6 or 7 times with a boot, ON HARD CONCRETE, and they STILL managed to run away!

Hell, in da ghetto.... we start namin them mofuckas!

/me looks down and sees "pookie" scamper by again.

Da fuck? It was only a roach dawg... I'm surprised the owner there didn't tell you to go fuck yoself when you said that you didn't expect a bill. Don't you know dat the roaches run dat mofuckin city dawg!?

Ummm... since when were you ever defencive about being stoned Esco?

........ notice da :P dat I casually placed in there you communist bastard!! (Just like below)

My parents used to have a problem with huge roaches when they lived in Florida. I think it was Florida...maybe it was when they lived in Georgia. ANyway, my mom once found one in a box of oatmeal, so she dumped it out and smashed it. Later that day, she saw it crawling along the ceiling with it's guts all hanging out.

Did ya'll know dat a Decapitated cockroach can survive for an entire month.... and even then da only reason it dies it because it has starved to death! They can be half-squished and still run away... they will of course die from fuckin infection some time later, but they is some strong little mofuckas!

Dan: Da roaches yo ass is thinkin of are probably called "Palmetto Bugs" dawg. They are actually a larger variety of roach, which can release a rather acrid smell out of their abdomens.... they can also smell nasty as fuck when you crush them. You could also be thinkin about a common waterbug.... although those things are mean as fuck, and bite hard. They actually kill minnows in da water for food, dawg.

I think they have their brain in their backs or something. Kinda like how sandworms have their brains all throughout their body. Well, there I go back into Dune again.

In Florida (particularly Miami), roaches are feared more than most Haitian gangs. Just ask Dave Barry.

DC

roaches are one of the most difficult things to kill cause they have exsisted longer than the fucken dinosaurs. hell i think they was around over 20 million years before then even. anyway with 100+million years behind them they had better survive almost anything. the nevrous system of insects is simple, in fact the brain(if it is called that) control sensory. the rest is controled in the body or by the indidiual parts. that is whay many insect will survive with no head, but they will bump into things and be unable to do much. roaches are in many sizes, yes i know there are large ones in NY and in florida. my uncle gave me the exoskeliton of one from flodia that was 3.5 inches long. roaches are interesting creatures, but my fav insect of all time is the preying mantis. nothing is cooler that a mantis, well maybe the sandfish but he is a reptile

Slugs are also a rather hardy breed.

In North Europe there is an invasion of a particular very voracious omnivorious species of slug. We actually dubbed it "killer slug" (even though it wasn't particulary dangerous). It did cause much damage to crops and gardens as well as threatening local species of flora and fauna. The problem is that there is no particulary effective way of combating them.

It is very disease resistant and slugs and snails have a peculiar attribute: That they are virtually immune to poison. If a poison is able to kill a slug it will probably be able to kill everything else in the vicinity. Here up north we lack any slug-eating predators able to handle such large prey so all our known methods of pestridding are out of question (besides picking them up by hand and boiling them alive).

Someone thought out a rather effective though harsh method of clearing the slug menace which involved electriw wiring being spun out at almost ground level allowing local insects to pass while frying the larger slugs.

Little Faith said:

The problem is that there is no particulary effective way of combating them.

What about using SALT!?

fodders said:

Watch the movie SLUGS killer slugs indeed :)

Anything to do with the Shawn Hutson novel of the same name?

Heh.... if a slug ever bit mah ass, I would drive a pin thru it in the middle of the dirt so it couldn't go anywhere. Then walk in, get some salt, and pour it ALL over certain parts of it's body........ WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, fun!

Fodders: Why is it that salt has this effect on slugs anyways? And why are they so immune to poisons, and toxins of any kind in general?

Sephiroth: HELL'S YEAH DAWG! I love praying mantis, they are pretty smart (as far as insects go) too, and they make interesting pets. Too bad that they will eat their own species, so it makes it hard to keep too many of them together.

I crush eggshells up and spread them around my garden stops the fuckers, heard somewhere lately that caffein is super toxic to slugs
The thick goo you see on the slug after salt is put on the body is actually the fluid or blood of a slug that rushes to the skin's surface to dilute the salt, they die of dehydration, but the salt does more damage to the garden than the slugs do :)

Beer works well. Slugs really like it and they drink it until they either drown in it or die of alcohol poisoning or something. We used that method once, and it seemed to work pretty well.

i also have heard the beer trick. but i have heard slugs don't like copper. put copper strips around a gardden and slugs cant get in.

when we where younger there was a type of slug in my native country. we called it cobra slug for some reason. anyway it was about 4 inches long and covered with dark markings. we used to think they was poisonous so we stayed away from them, or killed them with a brick. where i live now a similar type of slugs come out at night, in the morning u can see their tracks on the steps out side,