Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Amaster

In need of inspiration

I've been working on my first map for a few weeks now and suddenly I've run into a case of mappers block. I cant think of a damn thing to design. I think it's because of the theme I'm using, which is marble (mostly the MARBLE3 texture). In the meantime, I've been making minor details to male it look better, but Im still kind of stuck. The map itself is supposed to feel very gloomy and cramped, with few open spaces. Can anyone tell me of some maps that used the marble theme very well?

Dude, I get this mappers block shit all the time. Rather annoying, what I do though, is get away from the computer for a while. Yes I know it might sound weird, but do it. It works for me (it might not for you)...get out and do something else...or play some wads, look at how they do stuff in there maps, think around that...

/me turns into Mr. Know It All

Sit down and write what you want to create. Example:

You walk into a big room. In front of you there's a pillar with a demon face. In the background you see several windows with the sky texture outside. To the left there is a door, but it needs the red key. To your right there is another door, but this doesn't need a key. You walk towards the door and try to open it. It didn't work. Instead the pillar behind you has lowered and a baron is revealed. Several other demons teleport into the area. After killing the demons, you can collect the red key and access the door.

That is how i tackle the mappers block. Works every time.

interesting method, never tried it before. will remember to try it next time I have mappers block :)