Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Your strafing skills.

How l33t are your strafing skills.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How l33t are your strafing skills.

• Whoah, the marine goes all funky when I press the alt button.
    • I can sidestep a few imp fireballs if pressed.
    • I can dodge a few rockets if need arises.
    • I sidestep most cyberdemons.
    • I slalom between arachnotron shots.

I straferun constantly so I'm pretty good at it by now.

I've gotten so good at strafing and strafe running I can almost take out the Cyberdemon Xit Vono style, bare-fisted. I did a speedrun the other night where I did all of E1 on HMP using only the fist. Had to straferun like a madman to get anywhere.

When I use my keyboard only, i rule. But when I'm useing mouselook on zdaemon, to strafe i just move over diagonaly

I rarely strafed a lot, except when fighting cyber-demons or the Spider Mastermind

I always strafe with my keyboard bindings, the all mighty WASD !
That could be another poll : Who uses WASD ?
But I won't do it because I'm too lazy :P

All the skills are belong to Strafe50 !!!!!!

bigbadgangsta said:

I rule at strafing.

I doubt that.

I strafe and peek from corners

I've circlestrafed some monsters in the past, like a cybie

Usually no need - everything wasted in minimal time. Otherwise Spider masterminds and Cyberdemons are circle strafed.

it's hard to strafe correctly, you can't just keep hitting the left and right strafe keys one after another because the pattern is too obvious. When I played online I usually tried to irregularly hit the keys, but in a way so that I still had some controll of where I was going and so that I didn't slow down but still keep that 50% faster speed you get with strafe walking. Usually worked good, ofcourse there were exceptions I strafed myself into a corner and got blasted with plasma.

I hardly ever use the forward/backward buttons ONLY anymore. I'm always strafing and I'm good at it.

I remember one time strafing to dodge the cyberdemon's rockets and then running/strafing alongside them so I could see them impact into a wall and also check out the cool rocket sprite.

I alweys keep trying to out run a rocket with the straferun, it's pretty easy to do so in eternity, but the problem is I can never stop and align myself intime to see if the rocket goes through me or hits me and blows up. So did anyone else here manage to do that and find out?

I am ok at straferunning, but strafe50 is quite awkward for me... and... I doubt that it's even possible to slalom the arachnotron plasma.

orion said:

I alweys keep trying to out run a rocket with the straferun, it's pretty easy to do so in eternity, but the problem is I can never stop and align myself intime to see if the rocket goes through me or hits me and blows up. So did anyone else here manage to do that and find out?

the rocket goes thru you, but obviously if it hits a wall near you it will still splash damage you.

to test this i used -turbo to make it easier to outrun the rocket.

sssch, I am not here.. *sneaks away*

actually I am at my dad's place, still no connection in my apartment.

Erik said:

sssch, I am not here.. *sneaks away*

actually I am at my dad's place, still no connection in my apartment.

I see you left IRC. See you when you get back...

I rarely strafe, I just use two buttons at a time to move out of incoming shots. One vertical, one horizontal.

Erik said:

I am ok at straferunning, but strafe50 is quite awkward for me... and... I doubt that it's even possible to slalom the arachnotron plasma.

I can do it! Arachnitrons have a slower rate of fire than your plasma.

Orion: I thought you had an O.D. or something!

KoolKat said:

Heh did, but all the drugs in his body create muscle spasms just like he were alive!

esayeek said:

to test this i used -turbo to make it easier to outrun the rocket.

Damn I completely forgot about turbo, it would have helped me a lot, I've spend a lot of time aiming the rocket perfectly and then quickly aligning myself to out run it, but by then me and the rocket usually hit a wall at about the same time. =\

Then again I don't spend as much time doing as I do with trying to fist a cybie to death without berserk.

KoolKat said:

heh, nah, I don't die easy, or so it seems. =P

the_Danarchist said:

Heh did, but all the drugs in his body create muscle spasms just like he were alive!

heh. More strychnine nurse.