Weird impy thing
User Control Panel | Member List | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Blogs | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > NOVA: The Birth - v1.1 release now on idGames!
Pages (60): « First ... « 57 58 59 [60]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Arjak

dobu gabu maru said:
Oh yeah I forgot about this. How exactly does updating wads on /idgames work? Do I just upload the most recent beta through FTP and shoot Ty an email asking to replace the original NOVA.WAD?

Give it a try.

I'll stop bumping this thread every few months when sh*t gets done, I promise. ;)

IMPORTANT EDIT: I am making a small tweak to one of my maps. Please hold. :)

EDIT #2: After a little bit of thinking about it, I have decided to make the Cyberdemon fight at the end of Castle Bloodletting slightly less optional. I also added a bit of a nasty surprise to the fight on Hard Difficulty!

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?55kh52cmmw2ekvq

Last edited by Arjak on Aug 27 2015 at 20:44

Old Post Aug 27 2015 19:49 #
Arjak is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dobu gabu maru
Forum Staple

NOVA has been updated.

Hopefully that's everything. Demos will desync with 17, 20, 22, 30, 31 and possibly a few others (10 & 28?). I made the final fight of MAP30 a tad easier for runners too. Crossing my fingers that this is that last time it'll have to get updated.

Old Post Sep 3 2015 16:52 #
dobu gabu maru is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
EffinghamHuffnagel

My ZDoom folder has several thousand wad files in it, so when a project is "done" done, like really done, I go through and delete all the old betas and old versions of single maps I looked at. When I searched for "Nova", the first file that came up was the original 3-map alpha dated 1/8/2012. You guys have had a long road to get here. Well done!

FYI: When the new Dehacked was added to the wad, the original one was not deleted. The only difference I saw was the inter-cluster texts. Since the new Dehacked comes after the old one and Pr-Boom only uses the last Dehacked it finds in a wad, it shouldn't make a difference and shouldn't require an update. Pointing it out in case something else would require the file to be updated, so it can be cleaned up then.

Old Post Sep 3 2015 22:26 #
EffinghamHuffnagel is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dobu gabu maru
Forum Staple

EffinghamHuffnagel said:
it shouldn't make a difference and shouldn't require an update

Good, you almost gave me a heartattack with that

Old Post Sep 3 2015 23:14 #
dobu gabu maru is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Average

The entry on Id Games is for 02/20/14. Is that okay? Is it still the updated version that will be downloaded from the link? :)

Old Post Sep 4 2015 21:24 #
Average is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dobu gabu maru
Forum Staple

Yeah the webpage says 2/20/14, but when you download the file and open NOVA.txt it should have "/\/\/\FILE UPDATED (Ver 1.1) 8/31/15/\/\/\" in the Description portion.

Old Post Sep 4 2015 21:49 #
kildeth
Green Marine

Lucky I randomly logged in and found this so I could update the header. Nice job everyone :)

Old Post Sep 5 2015 08:38 #
kildeth is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Average

dobu gabu maru said:
Yeah the webpage says 2/20/14, but when you download the file and open NOVA.txt it should have "/\/\/\FILE UPDATED (Ver 1.1) 8/31/15/\/\/\" in the Description portion.

Thank you. :)

Old Post Sep 5 2015 11:18 #
Average is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote