Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

ConC.E.R.Ned demos [-complevel 3]

Well, was supposed to be out tonight, but cannot be asked so here's a demo I recorded for Concerned E3M1; UV Speed in 0:30. Will improve someday.

c31r-030.zip

Adun said:

Edit: Is it acceptable to use a wad containing custom sounds and music when recording demos?

If you mean from a copyright viewpoint, sure it's no problem. The demo file doesn't contain any of that stuff - it's just a recording of the player's actions. It may or may not be OK to link to a download for the wad file, but that also applies for iwad demos, and there are plenty of them!

If you mean that the sounds/music are awful or unpleasant in some way, then a warning about this would be a good idea. The presence of custom sounds/music does not impact demo playback. Well, unless some problem with them crashes the exe.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. For example, what if I were to record a HR MAP05 UV-Max with hr.wad + mmmus.wad instead of hr.wad + hrmus.wad? In this case, the Concerned E1M1 demo was recorded using concern.wad + a custom sound/music wad that I put together. I don't believe there would be a problem but let me know otherwise.

Apologies if it's answered elsewhere. My forum searches did not turn up any results.

Concerned E1M1 max in 1:01. Giving this up. I tried on this map I really did, I tried a new tactic in later attempts (go for the exit first, then proceed to take down the demon when in the exit) but didn't succeed with a lower time. I was trying to go for 1:00 or lower. Fun to record (this is an awesome map set by the way), just not fast unfortunately.

c1r1-101.zip

E1M1: UV-Max in 0:52
PWAD: Concerned
Played on Chocolate Doom 1.7.0

EDIT: I decided to run this map because it looked interesting after watching Plut's demo. Also noob mistake, I almost was going to put this one up without checking if I actually maxed the map. Also, i'll try to put up the exit screens for longer. I have a trigger finger haha.

Yes, it was poor wording I will agree.

c1r1-052.zip

Dime said:

E1M1: UV-Max in 0:52
PWAD: Concerned
Played on Chocolate Doom 1.7.0

Took this one up Plut to cut the 1 min. Also noob mistake, I almost was going to put this one up without checking if I actually maxed the map. Also, i'll try to put up the exit screens for longer. I have a trigger finger haha.

I know I'm not incredibly fast on the maxes (as I am trying to break away from being to cautious), or a known speed runner but come on. :P Either way, good demo, I knew it was beatable and some very good change in tactics there. Especially with the YK room. EDIT: I want to also add that what you said must be pretty offensive to Plut, he's a lot better than me.

That's correct, ok I'm confused now. I even redownloaded the idgames link myself and played it through that and got the same demo desync. I certainly didn't edit anything after submitting the wad for idgames release.

Three demos for Concerned Megawad:
E1M1 UV-Speed in 0:20.
E1M8 UV-Speed in 0:45.
E3M1 UV-Speed in 0:26.

Should this wad receive its own thread now? There's a number of demos already in misc. demos for it.

conc_3.zip