• Techno
    • Classical
    • Punk
    • Ambient
    • Alternative
    • None of the above
    • Industrial

Industrial goes under metal IMO.

I mostly listen to punk, but there's also metal, 80's pop, and a wee bit of techno/electronica (whatever you want to call it). Really I'll listen to anything but rap.

You can't really put Industrial under metal though, since there are many bands that lack a metal feel. Hell, it doesn't even fit under rock considering weird bands like Throbbing Gristle and Neubauten.

Where should I vote for industrial? Rock? Alternative? Other? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Industrial is usually found under alternative in record stores.

Most people live under the delusion that industrial is a metal subgenre because the only things they've heard is Nine Inch Nails and Ministry (which aren't real industrial BTW) while industrial is, in fact closer related to electro.

There, industrial added. If you're so picky that you need your vote in the right option then just tell me which of the other genres you voted for and I'll move a vote over.

whatever suits my mood

I find it incredibly dull to box yourself in to one particular genre.

Anything that's done well, most of my stuff is along the lines of metal/industrial/rock though. And soundtracks.

Little Faith said:

Most people live under the delusion that industrial is a metal subgenre because the only things they've heard is Nine Inch Nails and Ministry (which aren't real industrial BTW) while industrial is, in fact closer related to electro.

Who cares? Is there really any point in trying to fit everything into genres and subgenres? No matter how hard you try to put everything into boxes, there will always be bands creating music that wont fit in one particular box.

In the end, its the music that matters. If you like a song, listen to it and enjoy it. If you like a band, listen to them and enjoy them. Arguing over whether xyz is "Industrial" or "Electro" or "Hardcore electro techno industrial metalcore" seems to me to be a huge waste of time.

Yep its all about the classics, batoven, mozart, and my fravorite the other guy. The reason i like classical opera is when i am legaly able to drive im going to cruse around my town, looking or hear for those punks the blast out rap music, and fight back with my favorite music, opera, set at voliume 13. That will be payment enough for driving by at 12:00 at night blasting away with there "music" if u can call it that. Any way thats my idea of humane punishment.

Melee said:

Yep its all about the classics, batoven, mozart, and my fravorite the other guy. The reason i like classical opera is when i am legaly able to drive im going to cruse around my town, looking or hear for those punks the blast out rap music, and fight back with my favorite music, opera, set at voliume 13. That will be payment enough for driving by at 12:00 at night blasting away with there "music" if u can call it that. Any way thats my idea of humane punishment.

I have done something similar in Harlem, the thugs didnt react very well.

Liam the Bard said:

There, industrial added. If you're so picky that you need your vote in the right option then just tell me which of the other genres you voted for and I'll move a vote over.

THANK YOU LIAM

/me hugs

I can't really put my finger on it. I like some music because it reminds me of something.

Shaviro said:
I can't really put my finger on it. I like some music because it reminds me of something.

umm, yeah... ditto.

Melee said:

I once had a piano teacher. She was almost impossible to have a telephone conversation with because some kind of sonata was always blasting at full volume in the background drowning out normal speech.