Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Feeble attempt number #4,092,854

COMMUNITY DOOM WAD!

Come on people, you know you wanna do it.

Here's my thinking: you have 10 to 20 time slots to build the wad. Each time slot a section gets built by anyone who watns to participate. All the sections that get made get voted on by the community. So in essesnce you have a survival of the fittest wad. You'd get one week to do each section so that it would be a DW feature occuring once a weak for 10 to 20 weeks. If that's too long, then, say, every other day for a 20 to 40 day long Community Project.

Some problems with this would be voting on the submissions. I guess after each deadline for submissions, there would be a 24 hour window to download the submissions and vote. Or maybe someone could be hired to review them and select the top 5 of the bunch, so that if there were 15 submissions one week and 10 of them sucked, everyone wouldn't have to wade through so many. Once the votes are tallied, a section is chosen.

After the 10 to 20 sections are complete, the result is a level that is very incoherent but hopefully very interesting and creative. It would also be very linear, unless another person was hired to mosh the sections together some how. It would also be hard to have switches activating remote doors and britches etc. Well, I think it would still be cool. :-/

Hellbent said:

COMMUNITY DOOM WAD!
It would also be hard to have switches activating remote doors and britches etc. Well, I think it would still be cool. :-/

Hey, I could sure use some switches to activate my britches! Heh.

I'm already involved in Hell Revealed II, Millenium, Raynor's Tale + some other secret projects. I also work as a level designer (professional). I might also join other projects. I don't have the time right now :[

Sorry :|

The focal point is that as many people participate as possible. :)

A collage of DOOMific scenes.

We could have a theme so that the final product would not be so incoherent. I'd personally like to see Episode 2 theme insterspersed with some infernoish hell.

"lüt: Yeah sure, why not, I need another excuse to delay Millennium further."

hmmmmm, well that explains alot :)