Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 22 - Its a relay, bitches! (featuring Nicki Minaj)

here's what i do with the savageCorona map:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wpbxn7i7p14aa56/bootleg_e4m2.wad

- Added few decorations and lighting changes to make this looking more similar to original E4M2
- Added a teleport in the lava pit at your left to the near platform and a teleport at the end of end of main room to shortcut the travel
- Added few more ammo in the cavern section at your right
- added a inverted midi of D_E3M4 (courtesy of Mr. chris from his music wad "doom inversion music")

Hope this will be ok

I really like what you've done with the detailing though you missed a lava crack here

I also would prefer inverted E4M2 but if you can't get that, it's fine.

I've modified the map a little bit fixing a few glitches and balancing ammo.

-Moved a wall in the Baron area to stop you from just running straight over to the plasma gun
-Added more shotgun ammo around since it's too easy to run out
-Added 3 stimpacks and 2 small cell packs in the Baron trap
-Added green armour to the white part
-Auto-aligned textures
-Made the door trigger at the back of the spawn WR instead of W1
-Took off the tag on a tiny sector with a disable-crusher trigger that wasn't crushing the Cyberdemon causing a HOM glitch
-Made the Cacodemons in the exit deaf
Download

It shouldn't need any more modifying by this point but if I've missed something then point it out.

I think we can safely say that for the most part this session flopped like...well....goddammit, someone give me a simile that doesn't involve dicks, I'm having a bit of trouble here.

Yeah. All future asses are probably cancelled. Delete everything.

This whole damn everything was a mistake.

Hey, I feel it's better to experiment than to play it safe. Oh well if the session wasn't much of a success, it's a fun gimmick that needed to be tried out.

EDIT: I'll take a look to SavageCorona's map own edit when i back to home...

AD_79 said:

Hey, I feel it's better to experiment than to play it safe. Oh well if the session wasn't much of a success, it's a fun gimmick that needed to be tried out.

^ same feel here...

oh well, this could be worked if

1) It have a better organization
2) If everyone of you whiny guys actually worked on tune-up, also with little edits AT ALL THE MAPS SUBMITTED by participants, as i noticed you some post ago...

But overall, it goes this way... so.... what we do now?

This high hopes project wrecked down and everthing is abandoned or we patch it in some way releasing the few working maps or finishing tune-up the remaining maps?

Posting an update to my map with some minor fixes and item balancing.

Gangrene Blancmange

Also why are people saying this is dead? People made maps, didn't they? And I don't recall it being uncommon for fixes to be posted some time after it was held.

Jimmy said:

Also why are people saying this is dead? People made maps, didn't they? And I don't recall it being uncommon for fixes to be posted some time after it was held.

That's right in part, but is actually very out of the original time limit intended from TMD (the famous 24 hours), so now looks like we are into a limbo (but that's my impression) where TMD wants to close everything is associated with Abyssal, as i get it but he can be joking, that's the option i think is better...

AD_79 said:

DOUBLE POST

So I don't know what I'm doing here, can anyone help me with this thing placement? (This was done in like 10 minutes, but I can't finish it, turns out I got things to do)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106557511/alter_ad79_abysped22.wad

First two fights were pretty good. Only real problem is the layout is conducive to the rest of the encounters being camped.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fa02gqp7sdxe1x1/alter_ad79_abysped22_a.wad

More cybers, more viles, less symmetry.

Edit: Might as well move some of the plasma ammo elsewhere so that it's not really even an option to kill the cybers before running past them into the key rooms. (Their purpose is to prevent those fights from being camped.) New version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ah9dxj779a2peha/alter_ad79_abysped22_b.wad

can i claim 4shockblast map or is it too late?

EDIT: if it's too late for detailing other people maps, i'll going fix my little garbage map if nobody work on it...

walter confalonieri said:

can i claim 4shockblast map or is it too late?

EDIT: if it's too late for detailing other people maps, i'll going fix my little garbage map if nobody work on it...

Pretty sure you can still claim my map. I've been pretty busy this week, so I haven't done anything except for rf's map. I think I might have time to do some layout fixes over the weekend (no promises). I might take a look at your map then.

4shockblast said:

Pretty sure you can still claim my map. I've been pretty busy this week, so I haven't done anything except for rf's map. I think I might have time to do some layout fixes over the weekend (no promises). I might take a look at your map then.

Ok then, i'll start to work on your layout!

Finally is (kinda) finished!

http://i.imgur.com/gSYCUfx.png?1http://i.imgur.com/TcGtPAy.png?1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hapcw91gjuoqu7k/shock_wa_aby22.wad

Title: Tower of Anaconda Queen (it may not contain Anaconda Queen)
Build time: 5 hours divided in 2 days, you read it right. And i have no shame about that.
Midi: INHIDING.MID from duke Nukem 3D

Requires CC4-TEX.WAD

If anyone want to add more stuff, be my guest!

sorry for double post

walter confalonieri said:

Title: Tower of Anaconda Queen (it may not contain Anaconda Queen)
Build time: 5 hours divided in 2 days, you read it right. And i have no shame about that.
Midi: INHIDING.MID from duke Nukem 3D

Cool. There was a small HOM I noticed on one of the TEKWALL wall decorations in the hallway with the blue key and the monsters on the side behind the blue card deaf that appear after pressing the switch that leads to the blue skull outside area are somewhat easy to camp since they are easy to avoid alerting. One of the imps on the windows there was stuck for me too (maybe it got pushed over the edge slightly, not sure). Otherwise, I'm fine with how it looks/plays.

joe-ilya said:

@4shockblast how is your tuning-up of my map is going?

If I have time I might work on it this weekend, but I haven't had time to get started yet.

Name: Morecambe ('cause I'm a comedian and I hijacked this wad)
Authors: Rottking, Alfonzo, Alter
MIDI: "Understatement" by Bjorn Lynne
Build Time: 5 hours or something, wow!

Joe's hit or joe's shit? tune-up. I mostly liked the map, so I didn't change too much about it, mostly fine-tuning the gameplay. I made it a bit easier in places, but the monsters are mostly the same (some I removed repositioned to be a bit less annoying). Added some more lighting in places too, and modified the ammo balance. I also added a secret I thought would be cool.

And tune-up for walter's map: link

Name: Android sucks all my energies!
MIDI: Eviltech map 15 music

Spent about 20-30 minutes over 2 hours to do some final touches. Added monsters, things, expanded the layout a bit, did texturing and alignment, some detailing. Hope you're ok with this, walter.

I think the only ones left at this point are ArmouredBlood's and Pinchy's (maybe someone can look at my changes to rf's map and make it a bit easier/add difficulty settings, possibly difficulty settings for joe's map as well).

Edit: A sky that doesn't tile would be nice for walter's map as well.

oh boy, so many maps tuned up today!

Thanks 4shockblast, when i return to my pc i'll take a look to what you do on my crappy layout...

EDIT: funny tyson map, 4shockblast! I'm pretty glad about your re-work on it! There's some stuff that i'll go to fix now, but overall i liked the way you remade it...

Considering half the maps are currently unplayable, I'm going with no.