Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Omg! ECS Will Destroy Online Games For The Etenity...

For those who are unaware, the hardware manufacturer ECS is trying to release drivers with their new Xabre card and in all future products that allows people to turn on transparency and alter games allowing them to cheat in ANY game. ECS is surely bound to ruin all professional gaming and especially kill off any FPS playable online. Please do not support this company and speak out and sign the petition to stop them dead in their tracks.

Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/ecsdrv/petition.html

Um...dude, don't people have to have the same files, and if a file is modified it won't work? How could this be possible? Like in Duke Nukem 3d you couldn't cheat because you had to have the same .con files. I'm pretty sure that modifying YOUR files wouldn't allow you to cheat because other people don't have the same files.

umm gl games are different to software games... it's to do with how it rendered through the card... I wish could explain it better, but i don't know much about it myself.

Old news. I'd post a very special image here, but I know if I even tried I'd get the "I AM A MORON" X 10 treatment. (You regulars know what I'm talking about, tho.)

Besides, have these online petitions ever produced anything other than more spam in the signers' inboxes? The closest I'd seen to an online petition actually doing anything was when I got a form letter from my senator proving he's a computer-illiterate big-business stooge.

Check out a semitopical rant by Greg Graffin, singer, songwriter, and front-man for Bad Religion.

Ct_red_pants said:

umm gl games are different to software games... it's to do with how it rendered through the card... I wish could explain it better, but i don't know much about it myself.

Oh I get it now.

You can always modify the driver to do it yourself using third party patches or whatever. Putting it in the driver just makes it easier. Leaving it out doesnt make it any more secure.

fraggle said:

You can always modify the driver to do it yourself using third party patches or whatever. Putting it in the driver just makes it easier. Leaving it out doesnt make it any more secure.

how many patches do you know of for opengl drivers that allow this thing, other than the ones released by asus and ecs?

Lots. I myself have drivers for all the ATI cards, PowerVR, 3dfx, and even old Matrox cards (Parhelia notwithstanding - but forthcoming). It's not uncommon.