1. 1. doom in school?

• yes it should
    • we should get to host LAN parties
    • i always thought school was about DooM
    • Doom..? School..?
    • no, doom and school dont mix
    • yea just druring freetimes, after work is done

O_o

Each school has its own policies toward playing games during 'free time' I'd imagine, although if I was in charge of the school system I would be strongly against doom during normal school hours. Maybe during extracurricular computer courses though...

I think if work is done. We sometimes have a week in a school year hosting lan parties on the school network, it's usually alien vs. predator, half life or unreal tournament though..

Why, what's the point? So you can play it 20 more minutes longer than you would normally? So you can hold off on your work that you have to do? I believe schools have free time so you can finish your work sooner rather than slack off. And as much as I already slack off, I do realize my grades have been going down more and more. So no we shouldn't be allowed to play video games in school, just like we're not allowed to do drugs in school.

My school hosts LAN parties, brings in people like Levelord for guest lectures, and has John Romero and Tom Hall as part-time lecturers next term. 'Nuff said.

heh, the first DooM DM's I ever played were done durring my high school psychology class.. I used to have sooo much shit on the stored on the schools servers, i wonder what happened to it all after I graduated... Of course this was in the latter '90s before society blamed school shootings on video games.

I wish I could have played Doom during my html class which was like 70% free time. Instead I had to resort to posting here.

I thought you were 16, 17 something, blunt.

I have played Doom 95 and Quake 1 deathmatches couple times with my classmates after work during Word Processing class last year.

well Doom was rated 15 in UK so no for legal reasons because of that.

We weren't allowed to install games at all, which I thought was kind of over the top, but I guess you are there to learn. It leaves you something to do at home I guess.